Skip to content

Discuss This BMW unveils production spec electric scooter New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW unveils production spec electric scooter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

BMW unveils production spec electric scooter

BMW has shown off the final production version of the company’s first electric two-wheeler and it appears to be exactly the same as the concept bike MCN tested last year. The BMW C evolution scooter is the third of a trio of scooters released by BMW and it joins the conventional petrol-powered C600 Sport and C650GT models already on sale. BMW has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2013 11:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Who's it aimed at?

So what license will be required to ride this machine, I believe it requires a full bike license so I'm struggle to see why you'd buy it at the moment. 

• It's more expensive
  • The batteries won't last as long as an engine would
  • The range is way to short
  • Charging will be an issue for many
  • The handling? All those batteries
  • Resale Market
  • Insurance

Electric Moped I can understand but an electric bike, in the future mybe but now?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I'm led to believe

That BMW are trying to blag that it's both 11kW and 35kW, using some fiendish Hun doublethink.  So you might see one or two Soho Sallys on L plates using it to pop round to get their hair did.

Depreciation will be swingeing though.  £10K+ new, used value will be... well, I wouldn't buy one without being able to ride it from full charge until it grinds to a halt, to see how much is actually left in the battery. Would you?

Reply to this Topic
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

Nearly 10k for

a scooter?

You could buy a cheaper make and an awful lot of petrol for that.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

Not yet, but...

They're getting close.

You'd need to be a real novelty-lover to buy this. Aside from 'proper' bikes, I've got a Honda PCX125 for runs to the train station in the mornings. At £2,500, 95 mpg and 60 mph, these BMW offerings are never going to compete. But they will soon, I'm sure, and when it comes to replacing the PCX, there might be an electric option.

We're already at the 100mph-lap of the TT circuit on electric bikes, so they're coming along folks. No bad thing in my eyes.

Reply to this Topic
crazyrider

Feb 13

crazyrider says:

I've got an electric car and I can tell you 62 mile range is a joke. It means realisticlly that you are not going to attempt more than a 25 mile each way journey (50 mile total) as running out of charge is a nightmare. That would mean that if you had been driving innefficiently your 25 mile commute might leave you with one or two miles in the battery - scary. Elecrtic vehicles become practicle at 100 miles and a serious proposition at 200+miles ... end of.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices