Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano

Cal Crutchlow insists he and his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad will need to regroup in Misano this weekend after a tough recent spell in the MotoGP world championship. After coming within two seconds of ending Britain’s long premier class victory drought in Germany in mid-July, the last four races have fallen well below expectation for the Ducati-bound 27-year-old. His close second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2013 16:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

There was a lot of talk both from Cal and fans earlier in the year about him having a sub-standard M1 with the old fuel tank.

Yamaha have given the lad what he asked for, the results have deteriorated and his crew haven't found an answer..for Sundays. This is WITH the benefit of being able to see Lorenzo and Rossi's data.

Next year he'll have to work it out himself.

I don't want to knock Cal - and hope one or two others can discuss without the usual invective too - but surely the moral of this story has got to be..

"Be careful what you wish for."

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

''....but surely the moral of this story has got to be..

''Be careful what you wish for."

Especially if it's red and made in Bologna!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

A mental issue?

Cal understandably wants the best that Yamaha have to offer and at the time the new tank seemed to be a more than decent  'mod'. Maybe he placed too much faith in it being the answer but as it doesn't appear to be........?

This seems to have been a huge kick in the balls for the lad but i'm sure he'll come good again. Real shame about his home GP. 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Cal

Good run start as mid season,maybe he should have stuck with what they knew best settings wise?,he sounds frustrated to me which ain't good I hear for the fans,Ducati next year is gonna be harder work I agree wosi, stoner rumours to f1??hmmmm

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

KEEP SCHTUM

I just wish Cal would stop rating himself higher than Rossi who is afterall on his way down from massive highs in the past but Cal seriously rates himsef as a better rider. when you say i can challenge the top three thats's a big diss to Rossi.

Whilst i rate Cal he aint no Rossi please Cal keep schtum and show some respect after all he can still even on his way out get that round a track with oodles of racecraft.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

As Rossi is doing better in the latter half of the race and Cal was doing the opposite, perhaps Rossi should try Cals old fuel tank.......it might even his race out.

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

I always find the HoneyBadgers dissing of Rossi funny, Rossi has won more world championships than the Badger has world championship races.

His last quote was top drawer too

“If I was fully fit and hadn't crashed this weekend, I believe I could have been towards the podium or ahead of Rossi and Bautista, but I'm not one to say I could have, would have, should have"

LOL

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Come on Cal!

Seriously, I mean it. I put him in my fantasy team in the last window. I'd had four beers and three Highland Park's, but, well... When's the next transfer round?

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

DT

just have a few more beers and you wont care !

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

...what you wish for?

Cal has, on occasion, proved himself, with his riding style, to be faster than both of the factory Yamaha's... he tried a modification developed for the riding style of their No.1 rider... it doesn't seem to work for Cal (or Rossi for that matter). That's the way it is for a satellite rider.

He wishes for factory support... he gets hand-me-down mods developed for someone else.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices