Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow seeks to regroup in Misano

Cal Crutchlow insists he and his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad will need to regroup in Misano this weekend after a tough recent spell in the MotoGP world championship. After coming within two seconds of ending Britain’s long premier class victory drought in Germany in mid-July, the last four races have fallen well below expectation for the Ducati-bound 27-year-old. His close second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 September 2013 16:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Cal may be cracking

Under his own expectations. His form, in the earlier half of the season suggested he may have a chance of a win. I think he he has realised just how hard a task that is given the competition he has to beat.....MM, JLo, DP and VR that's a tall order in any book. With time running out and preasurre mounting to get the win before his move to Ducati, I think Cal has got inside his own head. He's proved he can bang in a competitive lap time but he needs to do it over race distance and he needs to start better. In  every race he qualifies well in he is swallowed up before the first corner his Rookie team mate starts better so it's not the bike. If he can't get off the line infront he simply has too much work to do for the win. I hope he gets back to form he's had some really entertaining battle this year but even more I hope the Ducati move doesn't  turn out like it has for some.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Cal Crutchlow

Is riding at the absolute limit of his ability - hence crashes.  In my opinion (and it's only my opinion) Cal would not be any faster on a factory M1. The speed he's shown proves that the difference between the Tech3 bike and the factory bike is minimal.   He's the best we've had for many years and I am behind him but a WC he ain't.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

he's had a couple of bad rounds

Simply trying too hard ,He is not one to be cracking because of that ,talk about damned if he does and damned if he doesn't ,I wouldn't want to be inthe trenches with some of the posters on here crikey.He has been beating some class riders not dolloping around in tenth !

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Two years

and he will be on a version of this.

http://gas2.org/2013/08/16/erik-buell-racing-patents-hybrid-motorcycle/

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Why do people get all upset and calling it dissing Rossi when Cal just states the facts there are 3 front runners Lorenzo/Pedrosa and Marquez they are the 3 on the pace end of,beat them you'll beat the rest.

As has already been said I'd hate to be in the trenchs with you lot,it's a tuff job riding a GP bike if it was that easy we'd all be doing it.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

my 2 cents....

....for what they are worth is that, as stated above, Cal is still struggling to find a setup that gives him the feedback he needs to push on to his limits and the bikes limits.  With the current setup he's hit a false-ceiling as it were, where he's unable to extract the most from himself or the bike.  We know the M1 can do more and his shouldn't be that far off factory spec.

I also think Silverstone, or the upgrades to his M1, came along at the wrong time for Cal.  The pressure he put himself under to get a result at Silverstone meant from FP1 he was pushing as hard as possible, and without having his setup nailed he was lacking feel and started crashing.

I agree Benny/Rob/whoever, the only way Cal will be able to find the right setup for his M1 is if he stays on the thing, and it would be easy for him to wobble around in 8th place and not risk a crash but we know he isn't that kind of a rider, but unless he pushes to the limit he won't find out how the bike feels at the limit, or where that limit is, and sometimes that means you have to crash to find the limit, then only push as far as that limit.

Rossi is still trying to find that magical setup by all accounts, but he seems unable or unwilling to push early in the race until the setup comes back to him, which is good as he doesn't seems to be risking a crash like Cal does.

Is that where Cal is going wrong?  trying to push for a podium when his setup come raceday just doesn't justify one?  Or is he just riding beyond his limits?  I think it's the former, we know the man has talent, and I think once he has his setup sorted he'll be back up at the sharp end again where most of us want him to be.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Stig

All I'm saying is the British fans, Media and perhaps most of all himself have heaped enormous expectations on Cal. Perhaps he has been too focused on getting a win?

Reply to this Topic
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

these guys ride on the limit, no road rider or track day god, however quick they think they are anywhere near the level of trepadation motogp riders achieve. cal, in my humble opinion has done more than asked of him this season, first satellite and 4 podiums can't be bad.

i agree with winger, stating that you want to be ahead of everyone is not dissing anyone, is rossi dissing mm and jlo by stating he wants to beat them, he's telling us that's where he wants to be, i can hear the outcry ih he said "yeah, i'm just tottering around coz there's no chance of beating the factory guys" especially as he has beaten them and beaten them fairly. some may say that he beat injured factory guys but if a factory guy beats himself up whose fault is that? cals? you beat who is in front of you, if and buts don't win races. good luck at ducati cal, if it goes **** just get your bank statement out!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

t i t s is a banned word?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

When fans diss Rossi..it's not because he won 9 titles on 6 different bikes.

When Stoner gets flak..it's not because he won 23 races and a title on a Ducati.

No..it's simply inter-fan rivalry. A bit like football, but without the violence.

"Getting down in the trenches" - has got fk all to do with objective, thoughtful and reasoned thinking about the situation Crutchlow finds himself in at the moment..and everything to do with the above.

You may think he deserves unconditional support while waving the Union Jack..plenty of others don't and perhaps for more valid reasons.

Cal has done well enough to secure himself a factory ride at Ducati..good luck to him.

All some fans are saying is..he's gonna need it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices