Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Asks: Do you break the speed limit? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN Asks: Do you break the speed limit?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

MCN Asks: Do you break the speed limit?

Every week we ask our readers the questions that matter in motorcycling. This week:  Do you break the speed limit? Do you break the speed limit?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 315 days ago (19 September 2013 14:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Yes....

Im a very naughty girl......   :)

Reply to this Topic
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

Who the hell

wants to trundle down an empty road at 30mph.

I just use common sense.

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I slow to below the speed limit at times if I feel it's required to ride safe.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

STUPID QUESTION

...Of the year award goes to.........MCN

If you ride a bike or drive a car everyone breaks the speed limit from time to time (unless you live or perminently drive around inner London)

Your on your way out and there is an open road with a 40mph limit, are you telling us that you only do 35mph?

Same applies to 60 or 70 mph roads, if they are clear and the conditions are good...go enjoy, just watch out for the cash machines (that is why they are there) because they know most people exceed the limit, it is not the point to stop you speeding it meant to raise revenue for the exchequer and the Police. If no one sped at all, they would have to invent another tax to hit us with.

Reply to this Topic
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Hello MCN vacant heads...why not create a forum where readers can post vids of speeding along the highway? How they laughed--all the way to the Magistrates Court. Sorry, I know what is must be: you have a fourteen year old working in the office who thinks up these questions and 'surveys' for you. Anyone from 'Brake' going to look at this survey? We already have enough enemies...

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

In order to be objective should there not be a 'I never break the speed limit' option?

The inference from the questions is that all bikers break the speed limit!

I do know some bikers who don't ever break the limit!!!

How about a survey that asks bikers,

how often do you see other road users in 2 ton chelsea tractors recklessly breaking the speed limit?

I know what the result would be, EVERY DAY - 100%

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

Oops, the question should be:

'how often do you see other road users in 2 ton chelsea tractors recklessly breaking the speed limit WHILST ON THEIR BLOODY MOBILE PHONES!!!!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

I AGREE WITH MAGMAN

Our enemies do read through the forums.  And they will use what we say against us. Best not to willingly provide them with ammo or you'll find more scameras, higher fines and restrictions against MCs in the future.

I'm sure car forums do the same, but  the likelyhood of banning cars is much less probable.

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

I just checked view results, 945 bikers have answered yes they speed, 92% of those deliberately!!!

I'm with Magman and X2 some taxpayer funded research agency will one day take up this survey and use it in an arguement that bikes should have limited speed or limited power....................

The poll is through poll daddy does anyone on this site know, are their polls made available to all and sundry? i.e. a master data source of public opinion? So anyone answering the above is shooting the lot of us in the foot!

Reply to this Topic
jaywalk

Oct 05

jaywalk says:

The truth....

I just told the truth and the truth is I speed every time I go out , not by much but I do speed on every ride I take. This is a point I make because I speed in my car every time I drive as well so I don't see how this will fall into the hands of our so called enemies.

It seems on these forums it is becoming them vs us when we should all be doing our best to make roads safe and that may mean coming down on the small minority of Bikers who go berserk on our roads on 200 mph plus machines not designed for our roads. lets manage ourselves before we force other people to do the job.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

speeding

Let's face it,  speed limits are there PURELY to raise money.Not for safety. I really don't mind trundling through built up areas, in my car or on the bike,.. but on the open road,.. just go. The volume of traffic, and Mr. Sleepyhead in his bloody Rover will dictate your speed..... and as for those buggers on the phone........

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices