Skip to content

Discuss This Online petition for stranded Sean Emmett gains support General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Online petition for stranded Sean Emmett gains support

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Online petition for stranded Sean Emmett gains support

An online petition calling for the UK Government to help get former British Superbike racer Sean Emmett returned to this country from Dubai has gained nearly 4000 signatures in just a few days.Emmett, 43, has been trapped in Dubai since the death of this new bride who Abbie fell to her death from their hotel room balcony in February earlier...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 341 days ago (24 September 2013 14:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Surely the Embassy must have asked for a reason.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Why the hell do we do business with these country!!!

Reply to this Topic
LynneGee

Sep 13

LynneGee says:

Sean Emmett #BringSeanHome

The 'Diplomats' are dancing round each other on tiptoes, saying "The Foreign Office said it could not interfere in the UAE's legal process." and Dubai authorities just come back with 'we're still continuing our investigation', any other country can't really interfere with that process,"  The Irony of it he's only unpopular with them cos he fell foul of their drinking laws (after death of his wife, remember). They have ruled no suspicious circumstances around her death.  Sean's MP Philip Hammond is the Defence Secretary, so guess Sean's situation is small potatoes compared with various colours of crap going down in Syria, Nairobi, Egypt.  Effectively Sean is without an MP for practical purposes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BytorR1

Sep 13

BytorR1 says:

Slight misinterpretation of Sean's request by the Right Honourable Member for Runnymede unfourtunately!

Listening to the BBC Surrey's interview with Sean this morning it came somewhat of a surprise to hear that Philip Hammond declared that he could not intervene without Sean's express permission. Can you imagine being in Sean's predicament and declining the intervention of the UK's Defence Secretary. Sean's already reconfirmed his acceptance of any support that can be provided by his M.P.
We can really only ask that as many of the readership of the MCN read this post and actively  increase the e-petition numbers, so it has to eventually be taken up in the House of Commons sometime soon.

Please go to Sean's Twitter and Facebook pages:-

https://twitter.com/Seany555

https://www.facebook.com/sean.emmett.52

Retweet and repost on Facebook as much as you can and WE will make the difference in getting Sean back home!!

Thanks,

BytorR1

Reply to this Topic
BlueEdge

Sep 13

BlueEdge says:

They can pardon drug smugglers but they can't let this decent law abiding athelete off for a misdemeanour (in comparison) committed during a time of deep distress for him.

What the f*ck is wrong with the people doing this to him?

A prime example to solidify the statement that UK politicans are a crock of sh7te.

Dubai, you and your ways can forget MY honeymoon, indeed ANY visit, EVER from ANYONE in my family.

Reply to this Topic
rog5150

Jun 09

rog5150 says:

Donation page

if the guys skint, spent all his savings at Dubai hotel rates,

where's the donation site/page? At least that could be one worry removed from his shoulders? 

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Uh oh

Thats right, he fell foul of the drinking laws. Typically you can expect a years detention for that. Similar to UK laws the Authorities have a duty of care to anyone arrested but right now with him residing in a Hotel they have no cause to interviene. If Emmett runs out of money [and is without abode] I expect he will be apprehended and placed in detention until sentenced. Whether they will subtract his time of enforced residency from the final penalty remains to be seen. Not good.

Reply to this Topic
BlueEdge

Sep 13

BlueEdge says:

In his radio interview yeserday he says he has been given a room in a house from a friend of a friend kind thing, so I guess at least he is safe from being banged up in a stinky cell. With regards to the donation thing, I don't think Sean is quite ready to ask people for money, although I know a lot of us would be willing to chip in to help. His family and close friends I guess are helping out there. But it's something a lot of us have considered and I suppose if it comes to it something wiould be set up and posted around. Sean's still in control of this to a certain degree, and I bet he feels a bit more confident knowing a huge amount of bikers and bike sports fans are behind him and thinking about him.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Good Luck

Signed and posted to my facebook page. Hope it all works out for Sean soon.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Go Sign

No excuse not to, takes about 30 seconds

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN