Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: To Jet Wash or Not to Jet Wash? FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: To Jet Wash or Not to Jet Wash?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: To Jet Wash or Not to Jet Wash?

I lent my bike to a colleague last week for the MCN Awards ride out and after an awfully wet ride down to the venue in Dorking, followed by a couple of hours riding through the Surrey Hills, the bike was returned looking very second hand. I’m not one for jet-washing but it seemed the only option to get rid of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2013 09:52)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Its a loan bike!

jet wash it!

if its your money that paid for it , get the sponge and bucket! simples!

or for Richno that'll be bucket and sponge! sorry!

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Yup.

I jet wash when I need to.. as long as you aren't blasting grease out of your chain O rings and wheel bearings, you'll be alright!! Some bikes obviously don't have well protected electronics, such as chinese 125s and I hear its a problem with older Aprilias+Ducatis. On a Fazer you'd be more than fine.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

I never jet wash. At the most id use SDoc and a plastic bristled brush. Most of the time i use WD40 and clean it manually. Yes, it takes a long time but i like to.....Therapy if you will. I do an IT job and loads of hours at that so sometimes its nice to be in the garage on my own away from the family now and again...

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

jet wash

I used the jetwash... but I only use it on my way out rather than my way home. The danger of jet wash is that you can get water in places were it shouldn't go, and as pointed out earlier can wash grease and chain oil of the bike. My advice would be you control the lance, in a jet wash, so direct the water were it is needed and as for chain lube, invest in scottoiler and lubrication is not an issue post wash or heavy rain.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Why are you washing it?

MOT, or selling?

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Anybody who uses a jet - wash on anything other than an old  crosser is asking for trouble . Most  makers do not recommend it ,with modern electrics and  most makers don't  know how to produce decent chrome , a proper  seal on ignition OR  a paint finish that will last more than two years . If you are going to change the bike on a regular basis and don't care about resale values - blast away ! .

Reply to this Topic
shallwedance

Aug 11

shallwedance says:

jet wash

oh god!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Allison.....

Seriously................. ? 

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Water = no.

jet wash = double no

elbow grease = yes

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Jet-wash? No. Watering can, yes.

No water? Are you scraping the dirt off?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices