Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcycle deaths at lowest rate General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcycle deaths at lowest rate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Motorcycle deaths at lowest rate

Government accident statistics have shown a 9% drop in motorcycle fatalities in 2012 which are the lowest on record. The data for 2012 has just been officially compiled by the Department for Transport and announced as part of the 2012 annual report and represents the last full year of accident data. In total there were 195,723 casualties of all severities on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 299 days ago (26 September 2013 17:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Had a real 'Oh **** I'm dead' moment on my way back from Tridays last year. Going through the outskirts of Innsbruck (spelt like that?) and as I went through a large traffic light junction, I suddenly had the thought that I should have taken the left filter lane and for some reason just grabbed the brakes, only to hear a screeching of brakes from behind, looked in my mirror and saw a Transit van heading for my back end. I guess he didn't expect me to brake after going through a green light! So I snapped the throttle back and with my acceleration and his brakes, a back-end shunt was avoided. A moment I won't forget in a hurry!

Reply to this Topic
DeadllHead

Sep 13

DeadllHead says:

In Dorset we have sadly had a rough year this year with a large number of fatalities.

I think it's been a combination of things that have created so many accidents.

A long hot summer (for once)

Some riders not giving themselves enough time to adjust after not riding for months on end.

The lorry/car driver (sorry mate I didn't see you)

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Safety

Good year for spammers though on MCN. They seem to be safe enough..

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

More Bull for the sheeple.......

What a load of crap.......The Government statistic claim a drop of 9% in deaths in 1212 by motorcyclists.

Mm, that'll be because the people who had bikes have had to sell them due to struggling with monetary issues.

Also of course, i don't believe anything those monkeys in Parliament say.......Quote: 

Motorcycle fatalities were the lowest on record with 328 people killed in 2012 which is 9% down on 2011 and this was despite a tiny 2% drop in motorcycle mileage. Such a low drop in motorcycle miles travelled was recorded despite one of the coldest winters on record and the wettest summer for many years........

Just how can these idiots know how many miles less motorcyclists do?

Do they have trained monkeys knocking on people's doors who are registered as bike wners to ask how many miles they have done in the preceding year? (Mm, wouldn't put it past them to waste the money).

Yes, all road accidents/fatalities are recorded and the final figure will be bandied about in one form or another to suit the political agenda, as is always the case, so the gullible sheeple will be brainwashed into thinking all is well and so vote the monkeys back into office for another five year of incompetency.......

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Yes there are a few instances of 'sorry never saw you' which may be to blame for some biker fatalities, but experience says they are more often the near misses. Sadly the facts are that many fatalieties are single vehicle incidents. The rider simply losing control because they either misjudge the road or can't accept the bike they are riding is far more capable than they are as riders. A nasty crash can mean serious injury or death. When the 2013 figures are released I do agree they are likely to be worse than 2012.

Yes politicians are a hopeless bunch but in no way are any of them responsible for actual biker accidents. We bikers need to ride within our capabilities and expect to get hit each time we go out, with a more defensive attitude you are much more likely to stay safe and mindful of the dangers.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

snev

Would you like this image instead of the helmet?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Government statistics

show spamming of Motorcycle News at its highest rate in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

My roommate's sister-in-law

Signed up to  ---------->>>WWW.WORKS23.COM and after just a few hours working on the internet was involved in a three vehicle collision at a staggered crossroads.  Her medical bills alone came to $21428 this month.

Reply to this Topic
keepitreal288

May 13

motorcycle deaths at lowest rate

first i think STRESSED1 is right in that many who rode for pleasure have had to give up there "toy" due to being raped of every spair penny they may have buy the t0ssers currently running are country. second the test just got harder so by the tym the young uns get on the rd there a little better to start off with. wen i passed my first cbt i couldnt believe the standard of the other two riders who also passed that day. **** the bed there gonna die, i thaught. one guy fell over at traffic lights just round corner from training ground and still got sighned off.

Reply to this Topic
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

Not surprising the most likely scenario for for accidents is people aged between 35 and 55, seeing as the vast majority of people riding motorcycles over 125cc are between 35 and 55.  The teens on scooters etc don't often report accidents or claim on insurance.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices