Skip to content

SUZUKI Suzuki announce UK price for new V-Strom 1000 DL1000 V-STROM

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > DL1000 V-STROM > Suzuki announce UK price for new V-Strom 1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki announce UK price for new V-Strom 1000

Suzuki has today confirmed that the retail price for the long-awaited new V-Strom 1000 adventure bike will be £9999, plus on the road charges. Making the announcement, Suzuki GB general manager, Paul de Lusignan said:  "There's been a great deal of speculation surrounding the price of the new V-Strom. Thanks to the great efforts of our engineers and colleagues back in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 333 days ago (02 October 2013 13:47)

Post a message in DL1000 V-STROM

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Hah, I'd only just remembered about the Versys 1000

It's a bit heavier, but it's cheaper, has much more top end, and the fuel economy isn't bad either.

I can't recall ever seeing one around though, which is the problem that Suzuki needs to address.  If there's a market out there for a litre "adventure" bike with a Japanese badge on it, then wouldn't they already be riding Versyses?  (Versysi?  Versysen?).  Have they all been holding out for a v-twin?

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Jap softroader?

Rogerborg, there is the Honda Crosstourer, OK I admit I have one, its not an offroader, its a sit up tourer/ do anything, great engine and will leave a GS for dead, good handling, ( you may need to tighten it all up first) good range, typical Honda finish, mine has about 15K on it and cleans up well. Only thing crap is seat a bit too soft and front falls away to tank. Its a bit heavy to push around , other than that quite sporty and comfy, and you know its a Honda.Oh and everyone asks is it one of them 700nc's thats really good on juice?

Looking at the V Storm, who would buy one when you could have a Tiger 1050 for less?

Reply to this Topic
gravy1

Apr 06

gravy1 says:

versys

Yes you're right... suzuki are "claiming" better fuel economy and although marketed as a possible dual purpose machine. These types of bike are tourers but just made to look as if the rider has a wild side. Even Suzukis own brochure is focused on long distance mile eating with phrases like "tour ready" "stretch your horizons" and "equipped for the long run" these bikes are never going to do paris to dakar but as a ride from peterborough to the dordogne once a year or regular portsmouth to dulwich they excel. I hope they do well as all these bikes are comfortable but just not for me.

Reply to this Topic
gravy1

Apr 06

gravy1 says:

versys versus

I forgot to add that the versys is not a bad bike but its looks are dated... a new headlight cluster and the obligatory duck bill would help it... but then kawasaki market it against their own z1000sx !!! ???

Reply to this Topic
gravy1

Apr 06

gravy1 says:

crosstourer

the crosstourer is a nice bike with more power and good handling but the much heavier weight, taller seat height, poorer fuel economy and a minimum £1500 higher starting price are all factors to take into account (also I struggled a little finding the kickstand as with many hondas) but these are all subjective to each individual. As I said these are just tourers made to appear as though they have off road potential. And given the choice of something for some off roading.... the tiger 800 xc would be my starting choice.

Reply to this Topic
gravy1

Apr 06

gravy1 says:

2 other twins come to mind

I forgot the bmw 800 gs adventure which is cheaper and has a HUUUUUUGE 24 litre tank and real off road dual sports ability... and of course how could I overlook the wee strom 650 (especially as my mate has just bought one) you can buy these for as little as £5600ish (pre registered) or under £6000 new and you'll be getting better fuel economy, less insurance and still have 2 up cruising ability 90 to 100 (plus £4000 in your pocket....) a very capable bike but a duck bill might make it a little less boring to look at.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Interesting people compare bikes when the comparison is against cars,try dealing with your average turbo diesel 2.0 car with a 100hp you'll get your backside kicked,KTM/Ducati/BMW/Triumph even Moto Guzzi have worked out a 1000cc doesn't get the job done.

Go on any motorway in the Uk 90mph won't even keep you in the outside lane,as for dual purpose!! does anyone really think they are going offroad on one of these tanks!!!!

Typical Suzuki too little too late and too much.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I doubt this will take sales from the Crosstourer

That's up there with the 1200GS, plus there's that funky DCT transmission mega-scooter version.

Fair point that maybe there's a market waiting for a properly beaky litre bike though.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

what!!!

overpriced ugly and cheap looking

no-one in their right mind would spend £2K extra on this compared to the GSX1250fa..its a budget attempt at entering a bike class that has moved the goalposts well beyond this bikes ability.

The Versys1000 is just as ugly but is likely to be the easier bike to ride and has already got into the market

Did I say its ugly

Bikes at £10k now have to offer something special..this is just bland...like most of the Suzuki range it will be a bike to get you from A-B rather than a bike you really want....can't see sales doing much.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Poor value & is it a spy?

Why spend £10K on that when for £7K you can have something more or less equivalent from BM's F800 range?

OK, yeah, I thought so too .... but my missus bought an F800R and I'm astonished by the thing.     

Not going to chop in my R1 for one I admit,  but if it was a choice between that and a Vstrom for 30% more...

Beside, the V-Strom ain't a million miles away from Kwak's Versys - You know - THE ONE WITH THE SPY CHIP.  So. Until I know it HASN'T it'd be no thanks anyway.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices