Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner impressed with new Honda production bike MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner impressed with new Honda production bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner impressed with new Honda production bike

Casey Stoner has given HRC positive feedback on the new production RCV1000R racer that Scott Redding will campaign in the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The Aussie got his first chance to assess the new production bike during a third successive test in Japan that was severely disrupted by poor weather. Since undertaking a surprise new role as HRC test rider, the double...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 329 days ago (03 October 2013 14:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Anyone know if Honda use less than 12 engines per season.It's true that Aprilia's engine is off after the race?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Sylvain Guintoli's pole time at Laguna was 1'22.683. That would of been good enough to put him through Q1 and 12th on the Motogp grid. The only CRT faster was Espargaro. If you put Guintoli on Bridgestones how much faster would he go? Easily faster than Espagaro and he would of only needed to gain 0.7sec to of put him 8th on the motogp grid . What's the point of CRTs again?

If you link this to the Nicky Hayden comments elsewhere, if there is 5 of these Production Hondas on the grid next year then Ducati will struggle to get any bikes out of Q1.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Why stoner ?

Why is stoner testing the current factory bike?, I can understand him testing the production version, is there something missing that Marquez & pedrosa can't find ?

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Stoner

Is to make a come back at ozz motogp .

1 off race as far as I know.

As for mm , he ( I hope this dosent happen ) is going to have a big big off if he dosent calm down , or mm is going to couse a nasty pile up between some riders and himself.

JL let him past at the last race , not a good sign I say.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

GUINTOLI, CRT’S & BRIDGESTONES ...

You won’t get any debate with me as to the CRT’s, CH97. This was yet another Dorna/Ezpeleta brain fart “inflicted” on peak-level GP racing – along with Moto 2 bikes that, engine-wise, are a far lower spec & less powerful than their first cousins in 600cc WSS.

Some other comments, knowing the proclivity of so many MCN readers to immediately jump to incorrect quantum conclusions. Let’s disabuse them of their often serially wrong ideas?

Sylvain Guintoli is a fine rider but has had his time in the GP sun – 6 years in 250cc GP & then 2007 (Tech Trois Yamaha) & 2008 (Pramac Ducati) in MotoGP – historical fact. Nothing personal, but a best result of 6th in Germany in 2008 partly explains why he didn’t get a contract renewal & went BSB in 2009. At one circuit where he was struggling on the Desmo, he was shown Casey Stoner’s comparative Desmo data & pronounced this as simply “Unbelievable!”

His BSB career suffered with injury aftermath from Josh Brookes’ collision @ Donington. Incidentally, this was serially & savagely misreported, even Wikipedia still hasn’t corrected the record, but it is excellent many more people are now truly aware of what “really happened” in this incident. Politics, marketing & corporate pride produce twisted values at times - blaming the individual & not the machinery or mechanical fettling of same ...

Anyone following my posts over the last 4+years would be aware that I was in the Team that conceived, created, started & ran WSBK. I have oft-complained the concept was NOT to see teams having to lob-up with 1 Million pound + machinery to be competitive – then have that 2nd bike & huge raft of spares etc. Insanity! That WSBK specs are to be more akin to an elevated form of Super-Stock is far more truly in-tune with the original concept & intention – as dreamed & realised by Steve McLaughlin & all else involved.

CRT was a “political sop” playing on fond recall of F1 bikes past – tuned motors in bespoke frames etc - these “hybrids” are simply not up to modern full-on factory machinery. Dorna should have tried to “induce” MMSA to produce “production racers” along the lines of HRC’s V-Twin NSR500V raced 1996 – 2001 & good enough to Win some circuits & create merry hell @ others for the V4 full factory jobs.

Great to see HRC showing such initiative & ability with their latest “take” on the subject. What a supreme luxury to have Stoner as Tester who can “push” HRC’s creations to the very limit & far harder than any mere mortal can. No wonder Marquez is a very happy camper just now!

One last point, CH97: be very careful indeed even hypothesising on WSBK V MotoGP tyres. Over & over again, history has shown that the “radical build carcase stiffness & feel” differences between these have “ambushed” many an aspiring SBK rider’s step-up to GP. Throw Bridgestones on SG’s Aprilia & he would very likely immediately LOSE 2+ seconds per Lap while his bike chatters, twists & bucks – so it ‘aint necessarily so. Cheers

PS: Trailler – absolute rubbish. “Parade Lap” only for Stoner with Gardner & Doohan!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

The old proverb....

They say you dont know you youve got till its gone.... and with Casey that was certainly true. Long did he go unappreciated by the masses when he was in motogp (shamedly myself included) then left the sport and actually left a void. I would relish the opportunity to see him back in the paddock ripping it up with the fast 5...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Scott Smart

Said on the BBC's coverage that the Bridgestone tyre is a nightmare and chatters alot and that you just dont get that with the Pirelli.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Scott smart

Oh yer and does the rest of the paddock think so?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Bluehaze...

"Why is stoner testing the current factory bike?"

Because he needs to know how close the production bike is to measure its competitiveness. That &, as Honda know he's one of the fastest riders on the planet,  they're paying him a shed load to test so they may as well get their money's worth & get some feedback on both bikes.

Stoner -"We started with the current RCV, trying to find a base setting and then work from there"

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Aquarius

I expect any Ducati desmo rider being shown Stoners data would say it was 'unbelievable' given the comparative performances of all other desmo riders.

With reference to the original concept of WSBK - the reason we got to where we are now with cost would be because of each teams desire to win therefore technical development and innovation is a natural process.   Not saying that is right - it's just the way it is.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices