Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha TDM triple concept New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha TDM triple concept

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Oberdan Bezzi  says:

Yamaha TDM triple concept

Here's my design for a new Yamaha TDM using the three-cylinder engine from the new MT-09.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 326 days ago (09 October 2013 16:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

I'm hoping

For something less conventional looking from Yamaha when/if they bring out the TDM replacement using the triple MT concept. They're often ahead of time with some of their designs. Sometimes too far ahead for the market, and this design, albeit nice looking, is not quite out there enough for me. If it looks like this when it comes out I wouldn't buy one.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

The FZ6 wasnt the most exciting looking bike on earth either. Some bikes simply are more rationnal and practical, so whatever it is you're looking for, chances are the market will have something for you :)

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

It wil be big mistake if Yamaha simple put some fairings on new MT09 and call that new TDM, first old TDM was  almost Pure TOURING bike whitout any question except power which i always was think is to low for  tourer bike, So Yamaha can make new TDM on basis of MT09 but whit much more changes then simple fairings, First front and rear suspension will be to stiff for pure TOURING bike if they just use MT09 , maybe if Yamaha make suspension whit  possibility for suspension to be almost TRACK DAY stiff , but also possibility to make enough  soft setup for comfort long ride whit passenger which will be hardly achieved whit old fashion solution, just if  Yamaha put something like SkyHook or new Aprilia caponord active suspension for which many riders whos have oportunity to drive Ducati and Aprilia said that Aprilia solution is better one, on this picture if you just see place of foot pegs for passenger it's ridiculously high possition for comfortable possition for passenger legs, than never mind if active suspension bring some weight to bike, because touring bike isn't Street-Naked-SuperMotto-light bike, and he must have enough weight to sustain some bumps or shalow holes on the roads whitout losing the given path especialy trough the curves(that is adventage of heavy bikes over lighter bikes..personal expiriance on big Bandit on comon B roads ) I agree TDM no need  to be JFR in other shape, but must be comfortable enough for long touring, which MT09 for certain isnt, that is O.K because MT09 was made it like very light naked bike so, I think that Yamaha can "borow"that new triple  engine , which just need to be "drilled" on 999ccm, and ok can be just little bit over 100bhp but must have bigger tork than old TDM which means no less then 25% bigger ..And than Yamaha will have "full shalf" segments and subsegments of SPORT TOURING bikes JFR like Ultimate Touring, like More SPORT-touring in shape of big FAZER and less sport (more) TOURING in shape of new TDM ..so this concept on picture for me is ridiculous(Like new TDM) Touring-Dubble cilynder -Motorcycle, new one shall to have new name -TTM  

Reply to this Topic
WessexMan

Oct 13

WessexMan says:

Needs to be comfortable and practical like the original, but also cool and quirky like the original!

Reply to this Topic
WessexMan

Oct 13

WessexMan says:

Apart from the pillion footpegs as Toecutter71 says, I'm liking it. Build it Yamaha!!

Reply to this Topic
philsil1304

May 10

philsil1304 says:

TDM v Tenere

Triple engine - yum

shaft drive - yum

3DM

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Now that

would be a bike to have Phil. Sounds like the combination I'm hoping for... for £7.5k or less. Too much to hope for? I hope not.

Reply to this Topic
Flashieboy

Nov 13

Flashieboy says:

Nice..

So it's not a Tedium any more then?

Reply to this Topic
Flashieboy

Nov 13

Flashieboy says:

Nice..

So it's not a Tedium any more then?