Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi buoyed by season best qualifying MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi buoyed by season best qualifying

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi buoyed by season best qualifying

Valentino Rossi played down his hopes of claiming a second MotoGP victory of 2013 at the Sepang track in Malaysia tomorrow after the factory Yamaha rider secured a season best grid position. The 34-year-old will start tomorrow’s 20-lap race – the first of a grueling flyaway triple-header in Malaysia, Australia and Japan – from second position after he survived a huge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 313 days ago (12 October 2013 12:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Technical.

Anyone has details on changes made to Rossi's bike since Assen? Thanks and all of you have a good week end!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Still the last man to get Ducati a rostrum!

Great performance by Rossi. Of course he is past his prime, which is why his ability to mix it with the best, all largely in their prime, is so impressive. Anyone that criticises the GOAT misses that fundamental truth. 

And still the last man to get Ducati a rostrum - a record that could stand a while.   

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Degrasse

To answer your point, they have thrown a seamless gearbox in the Yamaha recently and Rossi seems to appreciate the benefits of it more than most. Not sure what else they have done but something like that can make a big difference to a rider's confidence. I have never used one of course but can only imagine it calms the bike down a bit and that can be no bad thing for the motogp "veteran" racer.  

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Ivebeenthehero

Thank you mate! I know about the seamless gearbox, i was thinking more on the line of the chassis itself, as Rossi seams to be more at ease than usual (?). Thank you anyway! 

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

DeGrasse

I can't remember if it was before or after Assen, they did something to the front fork internals and Rossi was very pleased with the results. Also a few weeks ago they tweaked the front brakes which also helped.  

Rossi's confidence is also getting higher, which after two years on the career breaking Ducati, is no mean feat.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bird

Rossi's confidence is also getting higher, which after two years on the career breaking Ducati, is no mean feat.

---------------------------------------------------------

A bit of a generalisation really bud ;). That aside, Vale looked good/comfortable on the bike from the off. What with his grid position, JLo's grid position and a slow starting CC it's looking like the first few laps could be edge of the seat stuff.  

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Firebird3

Yes, thanks! The fork, it was in Assen, they did a lot of work on the internals but it still wasn't exactly as good as it looked today. Surely there must have been some new parts recntly which have changed the behavior of the bike in a way that allows him to get 0.3 from the pole. Tough let's see tomorrow how the race goes. @PaceyCasey. Same feeling here, with their respective grid positions and bruised pride, i am waiting to see how Pedrosa and Lorenso are going to start their race, if i was Crutchlow i'd be watching my back.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

I haven't heard of any other new parts on the bike. Remember, for the past 2 years the bike has been developed around JL and as Rossi seems to like a particular setup, maybe it just took a bit of time to get it the way he wants.

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

go rossi!

Great to see Rossi on the pace, but Cal and Jorge are close - and I think the latter will storm past the other two.

As for Marquez, wow. Many figured he wa going to be good, but this....!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

VERY FUNNY.....

Never been in this league and never will be.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices