Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Rabat takes Moto2 win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Rabat takes Moto2 win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Rabat takes Moto2 win

Esteve Rabat won the Malaysian Moto2 race after topping every session over the weekend. Rabat took the top step of the podium ahead of his team-mate and championship hopeful Pol Espargaro in second. Swiss rider Thomas Luthi completed the podium in third. Brit and chainmpionship leader Scott Redding lost out on sixth place at the final corner to Frenchman Johann Zarco. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 346 days ago (13 October 2013 08:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hang on

Scott is still winning this championship and Pol (Mr consistent) Espargero is second. IMO its going all the way to valencia and I think Mr Rabat is going to be there or there abouts as well. I think Scott will be fast at P.I and up the front, Motegi will be Rabat again and Valencia will be anyone's because if its level pegging there is going to be one hell of a scrap for the title. There is a lot of laps to be done before the fat lady sings and anything can and probaberly will happen. I think Scott is going to do it, He has a good team with a good sports psychologist with him that has turned the lad around. WANT IT. BREATHE. Go Scott

If that accident had not happened Scott would have crossed the line on the first lap fourth, that would have made a huge difference to his title hopes.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Still

I think he has the better deal with Grisini Honda than Tech 3. 

Reply to this Topic
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

Pol's good but didn't Mr Dylan in a different guise profess that being 2nd to mm made pol the WC elect for 2013?so Scotty is at least on par or he wouldn't have shown pol the way all year so far. physics doesn't seem many people here's strong point:130bhpand an 8kilo disadvantage makes for long straight disadvantage as witnessed,when on a twister with corners,not straights, Scotty's up there. with a customer Honda with 250 odd bhp Scott height will be his limiting factor,I.e. can he tuck in? only one person over hypes riders abilities, pol will be WC but it won't count for much in the big class unless you end up on a works Honda or yam, those are the facts.will pol get cals bike or Bradleys is another factor although pol has youth on his side(Scotts 2 years younger so a better bet to any factory). why people think that qualifying somehow negates Scotts straight disadvantage puzzles me too, it's the same track they use on race day isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

lost it when he got punted, certainly lost the tow down them 2 drag strips,anyways back to propper race tracks now.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Speed charts on motogp.com

reveal Scott was far from being disadvantaged by a lack of top speed - compare top speeds/race day average speed between Luthi and Redding  - a couple of km/h difference and that's it.

I'm pleased though that Scott realises that the best way to protect a championship lead is to win races - ".....Now we need to go to Australia and win. At this point in the championship, with just three races remaining, it has to be all or nothing. We've lost points at the last three races, so now is the time to put it on the line and win again."

A Moto2 championship win may not be needed to secure his future but its got to help mentally knowing he can close a championship out under all the pressure it brings.

Win Scott. Win.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Doom

the speed trap was in the braking zone according to Cal on another sight.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Go Scotty....

the damage limitation exercise is not working anymore....you have to get out there and win.  Let's hope for a great race at the weekend.  It would also be great if there were a non spanish title winner in the motogp series, here's hoping.

Best of luck...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices