Skip to content

Discuss This BMW unveil R nineT in Munich New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW unveil R nineT in Munich

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW unveil R nineT in Munich

At a special celebration event currently underway at the BMW Museum in Munich, BMW Motorrad has just unveiled the new R nineT classic roadster on stage. Created to mark and celebrate nine decades of BMW motorcycles, beginning with the R32 in 1923, BMW claim that the R nineT “harks back to the true to the spirit of classic BMW motorcycles and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 283 days ago (16 October 2013 13:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aimedollars100

Oct 13

Amazing Bike

I can't wait to get this bike.... it looks amazing.....Having said that I must admit that its concept ninety  R90S looked better....

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Question

It certainly looks great, but whenever I look at any big BMW I always ask myself the same question - is that engine that sticks out miles each side a problem in traffic? I'm thinking London traffic, specifically.

Any BMW owners here who can give their opinion/experiences?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Colonel

They  very occasionaly catch on traffic islands.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

And!

Deep ruts and tree roots if you're 'brave' enough to try green lanes.

Reply to this Topic
vanandy

Feb 12

vanandy says:

Get it for less

Do like the guys who went to see the bikes (scripted) - spend £2K on a second hand low miler R100 etc. and build a special of your own that would look 10 times more cool. Less is more. DON'T BUY IT - BUILD IT.

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

Colonel Claw asks "is that engine that sticks out miles each side a problem in traffic?"

No, not at all. The engine isn't much wider than your legs are positioned, and a lot less wide than the handlebars. You're unlikely to ever want to be any closer to a car than that.

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

The design isn't as bad as I thought it might be, but still too plastic-looking. Even some of the metal looks plastic, because of its form. The design problem they are struggling with is that most new bikes look pretty much the same, so they have to make a big extra effort to make them stand out. Guzzi have also made this mistake, for example the fake chrome on the Breva. But the uniqueness of the form is not a natural product of the function. It has to be designed-in. The original airhead BMWs looked eccentric and interesting and a bit mean (like a Fokker Triplane) because the engine configuration and the drivetrain made them look that way.

So? If you want the real thing get a classic airhead before they become too rare and collectible - you'll feel a bit like Manfred von Richtofen.

Reply to this Topic
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

Nice bike....sounds good to. I just wonder why they chose to use a HD type AD and not a more 'Cafe Racer' environment?  The mirrors look like they came off my Stelvio....

Would like to add this to my garage.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Hideous

When you compare this monstrosity to the drop dead simplistic gorgeousness of the daytona orange R90S you have to wonder how it is that BMW can have lost the plot quite so badly.

They used to build brilliant unique bikes, now they just assemble trash styled to look like all the other trash.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

It took them how long

to build a Griso alike :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN