Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island MotoGP: Lorenzo wins with masterclass MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Phillip Island MotoGP: Lorenzo wins with masterclass

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Phillip Island MotoGP: Lorenzo wins with masterclass

Jorge Lornezo put on a riding masterclass to take victory at Phillip Island and keep his hopes of a third MotoGP title alive. The race was shortened to 21 laps, with the riders forced to pit no later than 10 laps. Dani Pedrosa was the first to enter the pits with Lorenzo coming in a lap later and Marc Marquez a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 285 days ago (20 October 2013 06:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dorna

has descended to the level of WWE.

The only fair decision at this point would be declare the race non-championship and toss the results.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Every did more than 10 laps on their first tyre, sighting lap, warm up lap and in danis case 9 racing laps, now call me daft bu i seem to remember 9+1+1 equalling 11. Jlo did 12, Marquez 13. The rule stated that no rider shall complete more than 10 laps on their tyre, yet they all did, therefore no one completed the race as they were all disqualified.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DeGrasse

Every lap is different bud.

MM was in the wrong place imo. The onus was on HIM to show caution to his fellow pros travelling at 200mph. But being the dirty l'il s--t that he is, he knew exactly what he was doing. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

PaceyCasey

That's you opinion only, and btw NO he wasn't on the trajectory (far outside) and Lorenzo was outside HIS on this lap. I photoshoped a few laps from camera shots to try to figure it myself and i can guaranty you that thiswas the case.

One have to be careful not to fall into the easy way which is to give Marquez a bad name because we became ascoustumed to Lorenzo "easy" style and MM agressive style.

As a matter of fact, Marquez have been consistantly faster than Lorenzo this year (check Moto GP data on race best laps for a laugh) and there is a good reason for this.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

You 'photoshopped' lol!

OK.

I say that the onus is MM/any other rider to take caution when re-entering the track. You disagree. No probs bud.

Just be glad that you're not 'photoshopping' riders on their way to the Medical Centre!!!!!!!!! There's many a reason that MM has a bad name bud and it has nothing to do with me or anyone else falling 'into a trap'. The boy's fast, but equally a liberty at times.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Race Direction FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see a masterclass, just a complete race fix. MM clearly faster than any other rider, a disqualification was too severe.

Rossi's comments at the end were laughable (the bike was sliding too much so I couldn't keep up). You're on the same rubber as Lorenzo! He clearly doesn't have an answer for the Repsol Honda's. He really does seem to have lost the fight in him. As much as I like Rossi, he needs to up his game.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Dirty?

Are you basing this allegation on his Moto2 days? 

MM hasn't done a lot wrong this year IMO - except making the current WC look a bit foolish at times which has got his knickers in a twist.

Lorenzo was no angel before he stepped up to MotoGP.

How long will you hold these charges against him?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

PaceyCasey

I'm not pointing my finger at you personally, but Marquez scares the hell out of people who are used to more gentle styles such as that of Pedrosa or Lorenzo.

If guys like Rainey and Roberts says he is amazing i tend to believe them, because they know what they talk about, and because i can understand what they say having experienced it at my modest level, i can see the results as well.

One thing for example, Marquez crashed but he doesn't highside that bad, he stays on the bike during races as well, his control of the throttle is something that reminds me of Mike Doohan which is no little fate.

Take Lorenzo (with the bike he has today it's even worse) and compare his performances during his rookie year, he looks smooth today but is not as fast anywhere, and when he tries to accelerate as hard, he goes over tha handlebars. This nearly happened again during the last free practise, but also in Sachenring, Assen and a few more in the past during practise or races.

So yes, we have been sort of made to get use to "gentle" racing compared to some 500 cc seasons where there was literally no quater between them and they were pushing real hard at every round, remember 1992? 

One doesn't win 3/5 500cc titles without taking risks.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Bunch of whining pussies on here today

A race fix? Who was in on it? Yamaha, Dorna, Honda? Nutter.

Everyone was told 10 laps maximum, and no more. Honda tried to be smart, even with a 40 plus point lead, and they screwed up big time.

Pacey - Doesn't matter what you say, Jorge says “So I don't know really who was at fault. I think 50-50.”

There was plenty of room for Jorge if he was on his normal line, but Marc could have been wider.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

DoubtingThomas

Watch it again, he was not on his normal line, he was wide, reason for him to admit half the responsibility, he couldn't possibly change his line at this speed and asvoid contact then, had he gone for the apex like he did previously there was no contact.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices