Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez WSB: Laverty wins, Sykes crowned champion World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Jerez WSB: Laverty wins, Sykes crowned champion

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez WSB: Laverty wins, Sykes crowned champion

Tom Sykes has won the 2013 World Superbike championship at Jerez after finishing third in race one. Sykes becomes the fourth Brit to win the World Superbike crown. The race was one by Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty from pole position. The Irishman rode a strong race to hold off BMW rider Marco Melandri to the line. Melandri moved in to first position...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 315 days ago (20 October 2013 11:47)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mike73

Jan 12

mike73 says:

well done!!!

well done tom we all knew you could do it, better racing in this class than motogp this year but how long will this last as we all see what happening with motogp, please dorna dont mess up wsb like you are with motogp, we like wsb just the way its is. again congrats TOM SYKES we needed a britsh champion on two wheels this year. now lets see what happens with alex lowes can do in the bsb.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

Honda & Yamaha

I know Honda & Yamaha dominate MotoGP so is it any wonder the "smaller" factories compete elsewhere. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the highest placed Honda & Yamaha are 17th & 18th respectively. Well done Tom & Kawasaki

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Yessssss

I have waited a very long time for kawasaki and tom to do this, I am soooooo happy and its way over due. ZX10R all the way.

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

half point

Well done Tom Sykes, you should have been champion last year if only they made intermediate typres for Monza! 12.5 points from a sure 50 becuase of the organisors is not fair.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

WSB... On the way out?

Good on Sykes to take the title but looking at the field runners, not many BIG names extant in WSB.:unsure:

Apart from about three or four the rest go past you.

Fogarty, Corser, Chili, Ducati gone and next Bmw, the glory days seem to be well and truly over.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

STRESSED

Don't worry, in a couple of years time there'll be Vale,Dani,Dovi,Nicky ...

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Well done Tom! Top Dog!!!

Would have been great to see you slide it round (race 1) for the top step, but the points were more importent. Thanks for a great season of blistering riding!!! Well done Tom!

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Best weekend of racing

Well done Tom!

I have got to say I used to like Marco Melandri but he is now such a dirty rider, class overtake by Laverty on the last corner - Melandri braked early to upset Laverty's line, as he did with Haslam at Donnington. Laverty just rode right around the outside! Ha ha, up yours Marco!!!

Reply to this Topic
Cavetroll87

Aug 10

Cavetroll87 says:

Long Live WSBK

So so pleased to see Sykes win it this year! Pleased to see Kawaskai at the front the last couple of years! Like has already been said just hope Dorna dont screw the series up.

Also MCN you have 4 stories of fallout from Philip Island GP and yet only HALF a page dedicated to another British WORLD champ, I think you need to look at your priorities and realise superbikes need more of a showing! Better Racing than GP and full of fast Brits!

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

GREEN!

Congrats to Tom and the Kawasaki Kids! Thanks to WSBK for being the best racing on the planet! Looking forward to next year with more teams and riders going at it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices