Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island MotoGP: Espargaro takes win and championship lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Phillip Island MotoGP: Espargaro takes win and championship lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Phillip Island MotoGP: Espargaro takes win and championship lead

Pol Espargaro took full advantage of Scott Redding's absence from the Phillip Island Moto2 race by taking a full 25 points to retake the championship lead by 16 points. The podium was completed by Thomas Luthi and Jordi Torres in second and third respectively. Espargaro's team-mate and championship rival Esteve Rabat could only managed eighth place. Brits Danny Kent and Gino Rea both...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 334 days ago (20 October 2013 12:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I for one

think Scott has the better deal with the Honda. It seems that the full fat bike that Marquez is riding is easier to ride and set up than the yamaha( not detracting MMs very clear talent). I think Pol will be running behind Smith next year as he is improving with every race. According to Stoner the semi skimmed honda is quick out of the box and should be quicker with the standard ecu. So Honda have said that the proddie rcv 1000 should be good for top six finishes as the rest of the field is now, with the riders that will be using them. Hello is that BT, can I have broad band please. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Really

nothing to do with luck at all.He has seen his lead shrink dramatically recently and was under pressure he could not stand.
Feel sorry for him but all his own doing.

Your comment about folding to pressure has no foundation at all as you have no insight to Redding's mind. Given the issues with tyres this weekend how do you know it wasn't a contrbuting factor?

They all bin it at some stage. Espargaro has been off afew times this season too. How they land and whether they injure themselves is pure chance and circumstance - ie: LUCK.

Along with what happened in the Motogp class, it also puts into perspective the many contributing factors at play to win titles. They don't always go to the fastest or best rider. Random circumstance plays as big a part as anything else.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I know all about you...

...sad, lonely, incapable of building relationship's..

..or saying anything positive. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

2 much pressure!

First of all I did not say he folded to pressure.
I said he was under pressure which he clearly was.
Have you been watching any Moto 2 recently?
Anybody could see the pressure was getting to him.
Quite a few commented about it at the last round in practice and qualifying.Did you not notice?
He was pushing too hard and came off.Better to start a bit down the grid than not start at all.
The shortened race would have suited him as well.
Do you still think Dovi has improved the Ducati? I asked you a couple of times last week but you never replied.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

First of all, I wasn't quoting you, if you read stuff properly you'd notice I'd quoted someone else.

It matters not who has been saying he's folding to pressure, only he knows whether he's feeling it or not and how it affects him if he does. Not TV pundits, journos or forum experts who think they can see into people's minds. They all make mistakes from time to time as they ride on the absolute limit. They get away with a lot but sometimes it goes away from them and they crash.

I couldn't be bothered to respond to the Ducati question as it was a childish attempt at a jibe rather than a serious question. As you well know, when I said it looked as though they were making some headway, it was months ago and was a fact that they were qualifying higher up the grid and running at the front of races for longer before the tyres gave out. That was an improvement over what had gone before. Since then they have gone backwards and now can't qualify higher than 7th or 8th so no, obviously there has been no further improvment. I don't recall saying there had.

Your point is?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

No Buelli Dovi hasn't managed to improve the Duke

As Gobby didn't throw Dovi a bone of any form at all to chew on, having to make do with the abomination that the previous lead rider had built to satisfy his whims and whines. It seems likely that the lanky yellow puke puffed his way  through the 2013 Corse budget too, leaving Dovi but an empty packet of Marlboro Reds.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

strange people or person?

bulto why quote someone else when you are answering my post?

You constantly argued Dovi was improving the ducati.
I constantly argued getting a higher grid position was not improving the bike for the race but you assured me time and time again he was improving the bike.

My point is you were completely wrong.

nostro get stuffed.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

What are you on?

I was responding to someone else's post and quoted their comment. You hadn't commented at all at that point so how could I be replying to you...??

They were improving it. They may still have been finishing in the same place because they went backwards once the tyres went off, but, they were qualifying higher and running higher in the early part of races than they had been able to the season before. That means improvement, no matter how slight.

Then the improvement stopped. Pretty straightforward really.

Now, this isn't a Ducati topic so don't expect me to engage in Ducati talk any more. It's about Moto2.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha

You really are a clown.A clown that thinks he is never wrong!

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Same sh*t

Different month

I haven't been on here for a month or so.

Nothing seems to change, looks like this sites serial FW's latest pretend persona is on to it's next caustic meltdown.

Shame on MCN for not caring enough to manage, their own site. Their total lack of action speaks volumes on how they view their clients/members.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices