Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo gets surprise title lifeline in Australia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo gets surprise title lifeline in Australia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo gets surprise title lifeline in Australia

Jorge Lorenzo punished an incredible blunder by Repsol Honda and Marc Marquez in Australia yesterday (Sunday) to give his hopes of retaining the MotoGP crown a massive boost.The Spaniard claimed a 50th world championship victory to move within 18-points of rookie sensation Marquez, who was disqualified for missing a mandatory pit stop slot in a shortened 19-lap race at Phillip...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 337 days ago (21 October 2013 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Lorenzo though did admit that he prefers to win fair and square and not benefit from the bad luck of his rivals.

What a crock.

His over the top celebrations, yesterday, contradict this statement...

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

**** happens

This is racing and lady luck plays a part, though it is also said .... "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Of course Jorge is happy to both win and have his main rival score a duck.  Anyone would and this is the natural ebb and flow of the championship.  Remember 2011 when everyone assumed Jorge would fight to the bitter end but a nasty crash in PI saw Stoner wrap up the title in front of the home fans?  Or 2012 when Dani was making a spirited run for the championship only to have a tyre-warmer finally screw up his year?

If Jorge manages to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat this year then he deserves it .... as do all the championship winners before him.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

i think..

team orders could come into play from HRC. DP is superb at Motegi, as if the track plays to his strength of picking the bike up. However, a Repsol 1-2 with Marc coming first would seal the title for the rookie. After the embarassing fiasco of PI, i dont think HRC wants to wait till the last round so JL can mug them there. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

win fair and square

11 best race time vs 1, 18 points behind after disqualification of Marquez.

That's says all, every time he tried harder the Yamaha spits him over the handlebars, i think at Yamaha, they are looking at the Honda chassis and realising how wrong they have been for the past 3 years, then say thank you very much to Burgess and Rossi.

Things are going to change methink.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

come on honda

roll out all the kit for you satalite bikes for montegi and get Marquez that win.

After this weekends debacle you need to makesure jorge doesn't stealmthe title from under your man!

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

HRC Team orders

I thought they might have used team orders at PI last year.  

Remember when Dani was in with a good shout of the title but fell off under pressure from his team mate.

Stoner had no chance of the tile that year so HRC could have asked him to help Dani by backing up Jorge for a while.  

Stoner romped to victory but HRC boobed tactically IMO.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

jorge

ride hard ride smart dont give an inch push your self to the title!! and remember no matter how hard or rough you make the pass if its the last corner its all allowed.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Chump

I don't know if there were any team orders at HRC last year, but as it was Stoner's home race and he was leaving at the end of the season, he'd probably of ignored them anyway.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

What a ridiculous and farcical race. I wonder how much Yamaha 'paid' the race director for that decision(!) I couldn't help but think of Yamaha bosses as five year olds in the play ground...Miss, Miss, Miss Mark did this to me miss!!

Pathetic!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Come on Blue

There was no fix.

Honda would have done exactly the same, as would Ducati and all the rest.

The rules were clear, exceed the 10 laps and you'll be excluded. They screwed up, they did and they were.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices