Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

Spaniard Marc Marquez refused to be too downbeat after he saw his commanding MotoGP world championship lead slashed in half after a disastrous Phillip Island race.Marquez knew going into the Australian clash that if he scored eight points more than Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo, he would clinch a historic first premier class crown.A dramatic weekend though dominated by major Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 307 days ago (21 October 2013 09:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Eastern Creek

A fine track indeed with a big ballsy mirror image left of P.I's right off the start finish straight. Eastern Creek was built as part of the classic Aussie NSW / Victoria game of one upmanship which is as old as the states themselves as I understand.

Having only spectated at both and not raced I can only say in my (not inconsiderable) opinion that the Island just has that je ne sais quoi element about it. I've nothing against the Creek having watched some great ASBK rides in my only visit there. It has some fine corners and a bit of undulation too.  Oz is lucky to have two such great tracks.

Reply to this Topic
revbenjamin

Oct 13

revbenjamin says:

Sydney Motorsport Park

as it is now known >>> I understand it can be divided into 4 separate tracks with two able to run simultaneously.

Sounds much better than the P.I. farm track and it is the only permanent race track on the Australian mainland.

What is your favourite N.Z. track ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Aotearoa?

I'm too long gone and too long retired our imbiber of tea, scones and middle aged parishioners to offer a current opinion.

There's been the upgrade of Taupo (now of international length, but what was a 40 odd second goat track in my day) and the new Hampton Downs track south of Auckland. But as a racer I enjoyed them all. Pukekohe - up and over the hill knee down in fourth the best corner, Baypark - long, long third gear left which you could really push the front into, Manfield - lovely infield sweep, Ruapuna ( my only Sth Island track with its infamous dipper, the Hacksaw of Paeroa street race, New Plymouth had a street race with a great bit of air time up, over and down a hill, and of course Whanganui over the railway lines and through the cemetery. Ulimately Ruapuna (the birth track of the Britten) gets my vote. It too was short & pokey until 1995 when it was given some length and a couple of quick corners, as well as a nadgery infield which was two valve riding Nostro's four valve hunting ground.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Having ridden both.....

I would remark that SMSP is a 2nd rate track in comparison to PI, even 3rd rate after the new extension which is not in keeping with the previously flowing nature of the track. Maybe the smell from the garbage dump next door would remind benny of his own domestic situation.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Here

We go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  Boring 

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

now benny

be nice! every other pile of **** track we have here in the states is a nascar track and some dumb ass cow wondwered across the middle so they put black top down to add some turns(think of indy) so please be nice to poor old laguna! and the lord be with you brother!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Eastern Creek?

No thanks, the GP was there from '91 to '96. Nice short day and half ride to get there but it just has no atmosphere and never will.

PI is still one of the riders favourite tracks and has been named and has been in the top 3 GP's voted by those who matter MANY times. The weather? What can you do if they refuse to change it to early in the season.

Ban the UK, it always rains, ban Japan... 100mph typhoons etc etc.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Take it back..

It does indeed seem to be Nostro..minus the trademark avatar, plus a hidden profile. Shame.

Fourth?..not so bad. Just ask Casey?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Who the hell did you think it was?

Same user name, same gold stars, same contempt for the world nr.6. Where the hell did you get the idea I was someone different?! I really do despair at you and Saturn sometimes (well most of the time actually) Wosi.

So nr.6 would be nr.2 if on a Honda, despite being a very distant nr.4 right now. Ha, ha. I think you've been sharing too much pillow talk with the great Fawnicator David Emmett who believes Nr.6 would win titles if on a Honda.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

As we are all now way off topic, here’s a new topic if anyone cares to discuss:-

Should the total weight limit be done to include the rider – so the smallest/lightest rider be given extra ballast somewhere on the bike to reduce the advantage?

Personally I think it would level the playing field, but not sure where/how exactly the extra weight would go on to the bikes. Putting 15kgs of ballast onto a factory Honda would certainly alter the RCV.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices