Skip to content

Discuss This What do you think of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What do you think of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What do you think of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R?

KTM's 1290 Super Duke R has finally been released – see the five-page launch report in this week's MCN – so what do you think of 'The Beast' now it's been released?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 326 days ago (24 October 2013 16:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Miss

Purely because its so overpriced.

Yes, its beautiful (almost exotica), yes its powerful (although not as much as this naked S1000rr thats been rumoured) and yes it will help you stand out from the crowd of gixxers and speed triples.

But its just far too expensive. If it was the same price or only £500 or so more than the speed triple, I'd consider it.

Reply to this Topic
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

Hit

High spec, high performance, high price tag. But what a machine. Who wouldn't if they could afford it? Gonna be a few licenses lost because of this machine me thinks 

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Stop making bikes for HSE lobyists!

I want to say hit but will reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh and ride it myself. From the write ups it seems KTM may have aired so far on the side of caution that it's just too neutered unless you go through a lomgwinded rigmarole every time you want to ride it. I'm sure with time someone will figure out how to stop the bike from resetting to neutered mode every time you switch it off/on.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Peak power = ...

The upcoming bike based on the BMW S1000RR may have more peak power, but in the real world at real world speeds, the KTM will be faster due to the stronger mid-range - only well above the "ton" will the BMW be faster, which is meaningless since the wind blast will soon have the rider slowing down.

Reply to this Topic
opos79

Aug 09

opos79 says:

On paper it should be a good bike but after seeing what it looks like in road trim I feel a bit let down as the concept bike looked so good and looking at the KTM power parts list you would have to spend a fortune to get it looking as good as concept bike and even then the exhaust is different I am a big fan but I feel a bit cheated I do think it will struggle in a fight with the tuono v4r and s1000rr when it comes out on the road in all I think it's a 

6/10 for me at mo 

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Pricing

KTN have always been at the steep end of the market but these days that won't work...people are now savvy with their money and £14k is about £1k too much...sure its got great spec but the Tuono with APRC and ABS is better sized for Joe average and is very capable.

The KTM could well be the dogs b's but on looks alone I'd look elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Ozzie3

Dec 04

Ozzie3 says:

Lovely looking bit of kit. My big question is who is it aimed at.14k for a fun bike with little practical use. How could you ride to where you want to go on a bike with no wind protection. It is no doubt the bike you want when you get there but it would have to be taken there in the back of a van.

Reply to this Topic
MrGiggle

Nov 12

MrGiggle says:

Contain the Beast

i find that the fact you can have such a powerful bike but control with the help of rider aids adds a brilliant new praticality to this insane bikes. Plus its such a beautiful machine!!  

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Toy for knobheads see above pic

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Decisions, decisions......

Looks good & big enough for me (fat lad).

I'll keep schtum until the other 2014 supernakeds from Kawasaki, BMW & Aprilia show themselves.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices