Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies announces racing retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies announces racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Ben Spies announces racing retirement

Former MotoGP racer winner and WSB World Champion Ben Spies has announced his immediate retirement from racing, as the American struggles to overcome a number of injuries that have sidelined him for much of the 2013 season. Spies, winner of the 2009 WSB title as well as three AMA titles, damaged his shoulder initially while riding for Yamaha at the end...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 332 days ago (26 October 2013 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

suzuki may be after test rider

good luck with the future Ben. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The fickle finger of fate

intervenes yet again to curtail the career of a rider. Shame, Spies by his own admission never reached the heights he (I also) thought him capable of.

You never quite know what will happen in the future though. Manager Mom is unlikely to struggle to find a ride in the GP paddock should she wish. She may even find one for Ben once he feels strong again.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

What a shame. He could always race in AMA again in the future. But then again, I suppose he's been there an done that. Test rider is a good suggestion.  

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

It's never nice to see any rider retire through injury, let's hope he return's to racing in 2015

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

YANK

pussy,wants to grow a pair.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Pussy?

I dont think so. I put this one on Lorenzo and Yamaha account. He did very well in his first year, had they not made a big 250 of the M1 that only Lorenzo can drive, he would have been as fast if not faster than him. 

Reply to this Topic
spentcase

Jul 06

spentcase says:

Ben

So leecho you've raced in gp with a damaged shoulder or you're an orthopedic surgeon with full knowledge of

ben's injuries?  I think the answer to both is no so shut your pie hole with comments about 'growing a pair'

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

If you saw

Ben battle Mladin in AMA, or in WSBK do stoppies at Monza as he outbraked the others, you'd know he was no p@ssy.

They really should have an IQ test before people should be allowed to post...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I've been critical of Spies in the past but, as is the way in forum land, most of it was aimed squarely at some of his more fanatical loud-mouthed supporters, massively big upping their lad while sneering at other riders' fans.

Not so in-your-face and full of themselves today, I bet?

I still think having Mary around all the time didn't do him any favours and he should have cut the apron strings.

Saying this..I too thought the kid had something special and hoped to see him bounce back from what has been a difficult couple of years, clearly not all of it his own making.

Good luck to Ben in his future endeavours. 

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

now

let the **** start to fly

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN