Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi Moto2: Espargaro takes win and title as Redding wiped out MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi Moto2: Espargaro takes win and title as Redding wiped out

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Motegi Moto2: Espargaro takes win and title as Redding wiped out

Pol Espargaro has romped to victory in a red-flagged Moto2 race at Motegi, lifting the world championship in the process as Scott Redding, already riding injured, was wiped out in a first lap crash. Espargaro’s teammate Tito Rabat high sided coming out of turn two, leaving a helpless Redding to plough into the Spaniard’s Kalex machine. Alex Marinelarena, also brought...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 307 days ago (27 October 2013 06:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

gutted for Scott but not sure he'd have finished the job in the points, you could see the weakness in his wrist and those braking zones would take their toll after 20 odd laps.

champoins ride by Pol and deserves credit for that, as somebody already mentioned, he could have pottered around in 3rd or 4th but went for lifting the trophy on the top step of the podium and despite my misgivings good luck in the top class, both he and Scott have shown their mettle this season (and no MM to make everybody else look ordinary), the 2 top guys in Moto2 into MotoGP next season.

hope all the fallers in all classes are OK, especially Rabat, looked very nasty headbutting a MarcVDS bike going at a fair lick!

the battle continues, shame i'll only be able to read about it on the net thanks to BT,LOL.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

scott

Great effort the extra size and weight was always going to hamper him on a 600cc bike with no power . But put him on a 260 hp Motogp bike where his size does not matter so much and it will be a different story when he kicks pols ass every race.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Leecho

yeah,right...saying ain`t doing Pal...what is it with you and fast Spaniards ??..sounds like you got a chip on your shoulder

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

parkway

no i dont have a problem with fast spaniards,big fan off marquez and lorenzo,but with the size of the chip on the espargaro brothers shoulders,im surprised they are so fast down the straights,pair of slimy tw@ts.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

The Boy with the thorn in his side

Sorry about this Mate but I think they're going to be around for a long time..... you better get used to those big white nashers!

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

wieght 'n' aerodynamics

and knockin the bollox out of his tyres trying to catch up on the brakes in the corners aside, Scott schooled Pol into and around the corners. Reddings Honda won't be a match to Pols factory Yam next year but I'll bet he still gonna give him grief and i'm so looking forward to that.

Alexis bike this year was damn close to being full factory spec, a works Aprilia masquerading has a CRT, gonna be a different story for him next year when his advantages are gone and he as to work for a living.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

CRT

Doesn't relate to the spec of the bike. It's the way the team operates that determines whether it is CRT or factory - ie: CRT  = no factory involvment in the running and maintenance of the bike.

A privateer team could run a full factory RCV as a CRT if Honda would allow it.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

how did they get hold of the magnesium crankcases and the gear driven cams,ah yes probably through the same back door MaxB got them to take his first wsb championship.

100,000 quid a motor x 12 = a honda rcv with money in the bank, tootsie bye Aprilia.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I like

the way Aspar waited for Alexixias Asparagus to make his decision to go to Forward racing and ride tech 3's 2012 bike before announcing they got the semi skinned Honda. Like it

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

let's just all agree on one thing

let's all just agree on one thing they are all great riders and they risk their lives every time they go out so why don't we all just appreciate entertainment I give us all :) 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices