Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Lorenzo charges to victory on Honda home turf MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Lorenzo charges to victory on Honda home turf

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Lorenzo charges to victory on Honda home turf

Jorge Lorenzo has kept the title fight alive to the last round of 2013, as he took a dominating win from the Repsol Honda duo of Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa on Honda’s home territory at Motegi. With Lorenzo making a flying start, he was able to lead off the line, with Valentino Rossi slotting into second ahead of the Repsol...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 299 days ago (27 October 2013 07:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

As long as you know, that we know..

..you know!..

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CHRainmaker

(y) !!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Careful CHR

You'll make his rational head explode if he tries to wriggle out of that conumdrum.

And speaking of mind numbing humdrum - Here's BackPaddock with pages full of nonsense which can concisely be summised into "I hate Lorenzo and worship Rossi"

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I shall say zis only vunce!..

..c'était pour le chien

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamus

Hope you're not talking about me, because if "being rational" is to have enough experience of the tracks and bikes to comprehend what is said by Yamaha, K. Roberts and J. Burgess about chassis, then you're not there yet.

I'm surprised you can't read your own language, but what i can see is that you bring all of this back to emotional B-S levels, so i'll leave "hate and love" stories to you and invite you to have a close look at the reasons why i don't like one pilot influence in the team and factory i follow and support since 1978, on top of riding their bikes since a litle longer both on roads and tracks.

I understand it might cause you a few headhache tough, Paracetamol is expensive these days.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I think DeG is faster than Nostril..and he knows what he's talking about.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Rookie mistake

@DeGrasse - "Though wosi was one either for "Rossi" or Stoner as in "aussie", anyway my mistake."

"Wosi" is actually an abbreviation of "Wosi is a cock-juggling thundercunt".

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I used to know a girl like that once Tetsuo..

..happy days..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

woofity-woof..

Haha..

She wasn't Australian by any chance CHR?

Built for comfort rather than speed?

..bit like their bike racers nowadays.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

BackPaddock, you're only as good as your material

and your material has frankly been woeful. You've taken two articles of very tenuous reference (in fact the Roberts thing wasn't even that) and the other didn't even quote JB, and somehow tried to stitch them together into a Lorenzo's all wrong bitch. Not to mention how very wrong you got it regarding the JL & MM altercation at turn one P.I.

These motorcycles are products of their time. The 800's were peaky little rev heads, they needed and demanded corner speed. Michelin and Bridgestone provided it. The thou's continue this due to the grip provided by the 'stones and the electronic wizardry.

Nr.6 may well have been the last of the late brakers a few years ago (he was a lot of things a few years ago) but time marches on and techniques improve. Pedro's addressed a lot of his weaknesses (rain, brakes, passing) and Lorenzo has become better this year at getting the bike off the corner and has become the demon starter. Nr.6 talks about needing to improve, but frankly that's all we've seen - talk. Adapt or die, that's the motto of any sport.

Yamaha have built an evolutionary motorcycle around its nr.1 rider that continues it's tradition for fine handling. Same as every factory has every done in the history of the sport. To say they've taken the wrong path having racked up eight wins 2013 is simply farcical. The wrong path was the first generation of M1 with an undersized engine running on carburettors.

The reason you don't see the things slewing side to side Moto2 style is electronics as much if not more than geometry. Anyway didn't that Brembo press release from a year or two ago confirm Stoner as the man with the biggest lever squeezing gonads. Four finger braking has always struck me as somehow clutzy. Hard to maintain good throttle control with only your thumb wrapped around the thing. Amply power can be generated from any modern braking system with only one or two fingers.

That thinking thing invariably gets you into trouble Wosi. You're best to avoid it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices