Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda xl125v gear lever adjust? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Honda xl125v gear lever adjust?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

frozone

Oct 13

frozone says:

Honda xl125v gear lever adjust?

Hi

I'm new to biking, and have a Varadero 125.
I got some tcx boots which are mohoosive and I can't actually get my foot under the gear lever at all. I can't find any info if its possible to adjust the gear lever. Is it just a case of undoing the 2 nuts on the linkage and twisting this to move the lever up? Or have I got to take the lever off the spline to make the adjustment, and will this work or is there further adjustment to make afterwards? Thanks

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 277 days ago (28 October 2013 15:10)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lever

Welcome frozone,if you have an adjustable rod with ball joints use that, also consider using adjustable footrests for forwards/backwards/up/down.Or try using slippers.:shock:   

Reply to this Topic
frozone

Oct 13

frozone says:

Lever

Thanks, slippers and a pipe is prob more my style :smile I'm guts cos those boots weren't cheap and they're quite comfy (like slippers in fact). Will have a look on the bike after the force 10 hurricane passes through, lucky I lashed the garage down

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices