Skip to content

Discuss This Forward boss regrets missing Sam Lowes Moto2 deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Forward boss regrets missing Sam Lowes Moto2 deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Forward boss regrets missing Sam Lowes Moto2 deal

Forward Racing boss Giovanni Cuzari has spoken of his regret at missing out on the opportunity to sign new World Supersport champion Sam Lowes for his Italian-based squad in 2014. Lowes was the number one target for the Forward Racing squad, which will run two-rider efforts in both MotoGP and Moto2 next season. But the British rider, who also negotiated with Danny...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 270 days ago (29 October 2013 11:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Not short..

..of options, and quite right too..the kid has bags of potential to go all the way.

I wonder if his brother Alex would be better doing a Crutchlow/Rea, dropping back to 600 and following Sam to M2..rather than persue MotoGP with PBM on an uncompetitive non-factory bike, as we're hearing.

Maybe Birdy will get the factory - sorry, non factory - Aprilia and it'll be better than this year?..let's hope so.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

I rate Sam...

...very highly. Would have preferred to see him on a Kalex but Iannone managed to run consistently at the front on the Speed Up last year so you never know. If Sam is classed as one their lead riders he may get some input into the chassis development which could help him. Moto2 is going to be a tough nut to crack regardless of the machinery he gets but as the year progresses I expect to see Sam there or thereabouts.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Development,

How to develop & understand how a motorcycle works, I think Sam might be good at this, ,you don't just thrash an r6 to death to win a championchip , he,ll learn a lot next year,& he may not run at the front for a while but he,ll get there..possibility of the lowes twins in moto gp,all hell may be breaking loose :)

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Top Riders

Both Sam and Alex are top riders but going different routes. I can see Sam being at the front in MOTOGP2 next year but their will be a few crashes and thats because he is quick and will have to find the bikes limits. But he isnt going to be intimidated by any one in the field Top 4 finish next year? . Alex has proved alot of people wrong by winning BSB and this is down to talent. With BMW works team pulling out of WSB  and  Aprilia  losing their technical guru to Ducati I can see Alex possible top 3 in WSB  on the suzuki next year?? 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

???

A thread where everyone makes sense and is nice to each other? A refreshing change.

I also rate the Lowes twins and the only question for me is, when will they be racing each other? On pukka bikes.

The future of British bike racing is looking very bright indeed.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Informative good threads

As Jamieg999 says its refreshing to have a thread where people arnt slagging each other of. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

If

Alex is now riding the Suzuki in WSBK do you think the door will be open to ride the MOTO gp Suzuki in 2015 if he does well.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Why not?

If Alex does well in WSBK (presuming that he does go there) then why wouldn't he be considered for a Suzuki GP ride in the future? He's very fast and is young enough to be part of a long term plan. Providing Suzuki field 2 bikes you would think that the smart choice would be to take one rider with vast GP experience to head the develop of the bike and a fast young guy for the future. If this is the case then I honestly don't see why Alex wouldn't get considered if he impresses next year. This would seem like a much better long term plan for him than wobbling around at the back of the GP grid on what most presume would have been uncompetitive machinery. Other than that perhaps he should consider changing his name to Aleix Lopez if he wants the chance of a decent shot at GP's...?

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Wouldn't be so sure Benny...

....both are very different riders than they were 18 months ago. Whether or not they will get the chance of decent machinery to compete at the top level is another matter though.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Not good enough my arse

They are both good enough, but, they may, at the tender age of 23, have left it a bit late for MotoGP, they'll be 25 at the earliest before they get there and most aliens have a GP title or 3 by this point so perhaps they'll miss the boat. 

WSB might be their natural habitat...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices