Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati reveals all-new Monster 1200 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati reveals all-new Monster 1200

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

Ducati reveals all-new Monster 1200

This all-new version of the Monster, powered by the superbike-derived 1198 Testastretta 11° DS engine, has just been unveiled by Ducati at the Milan Show. Developing 145bhp and tipping the scales at 182kg (dry) the new Monster also gets high-spec Brembo M50 monoblocs, riding modes, traction control, ABS, a TFT dash, and Panigale-like use of the engine as the main chassis...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 November 2013 10:53)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

That looks awesome, Now if only I knew of a way to earn $75 per hour from my bedroom I'd add one to the collection :)

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Looks like

a baby Diavel?

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Ducati Range 2014

I think the 1200 monster looks a tad bland, the Streetfighter range is now just the 848 , but I think it's a great looking bike and still 132bhp so only 13bhp short of the 1200. Just my own view but the Streetfighter's and the 848 EVO Course were great performing bikes with good reviews. Not sure the 899 Panigale and the new Monster 1200 will have the same impact... Perhaps Audi is calling the shots???

Reply to this Topic
gjw1992

Dec 05

gjw1992 says:

But not cheap

£10,695 for the 1200 and £12,995 for the 1200s with Ohlins and 10 more hp according to Ducati UK. Tempting though. 

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Happy for the new metal tank. Looks more rugged, me like.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Looks can B deceptive

Whenever a new model surfaces and the press publish the pics, nearly always, the photo is taken

from an angle that gives the bike the most visual impact on the senses.

Having looked at this bike on Ducati's website from both side elevations i have too say, i'm disappointed.

It is, to all intents and purposes, in looks alone, a Diavel/Panigale mix of the next gen.

The Monster has always been a no thrills, stripped sort of design, but this takes the cake. No doubt, there'll

be many who love it and those who hate it, horses for courses, etc...

.......To tell the truth, i'm just not sure what i think of it at this time?

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

again

UGLY UGLY UGLY? AND ITS JUST DAMN UGLY? AND THEN AGAIN ITS UGLY? OH AND AGIN THE SAME ENGINE? 

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Can't wait.

This is my favourite of the new breed of "Super nakeds." Superduke's a close second but this would be the bike I would shell out out for IF I had the (any) money.

I've never owned a Ducati but I've always pined after the Monster(s.) I'd actually go as far as to say that this would be the bike I would choose to own out of all the categories right now. A V-twin is my favourite engine configuration by far and I think Ducati have got the styling spot on and while it's powerful it's not gotten to the point of being silly. Yet.

Less is more IMO.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

my classmate's half-sister makes $72 every hour on the internet. She has been without a job for eight months but last month her payment was $16159 just working on the internet for a few hours.Here's the site to read more......
-------------------W­W­W.W­O­R­K­S­2­3.C­O­M

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

too much for too little......£10.5k!!

superduke is the one....but again too rich at £14k

I'll just have to wait for 2nd hand ones....what 5 yrs? hey ho

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy