Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph's 2014 newcomers revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph's 2014 newcomers revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Triumph's 2014 newcomers revealed

Triumph is revamping its cruiser line-up for 2014 with two new ‘baggers’, a new Thunderbird variant called the Commander and updates to both the entry-level, Bonneville-based America and Speedmaster. Plus there’s a special edition version of the Tiger 800 XC. The star of the cruiser line-up is the Thunderbird LT (which stands for ‘Light Touring’). a ‘bagger’ version of the Thunderbird. The other...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 289 days ago (05 November 2013 09:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Not Tiger XC

Jesus, it looks like some fool at Triumph got an engine shaped magnet and threw a load of parts at it and left them where they landed. Or someone swallowed a load of bike parts and then threw up and this is what it ended up looking like. Not a case of one step too far, it's about five steps backwards in design. Not appealing to the eye at all! They cannot call this thing a Tiger, more like a wet sloth! I understand horses for courses, but bloody hell, where did it all go so badly wrong with this design...... I can't even look at it any more. Yeeuugghhh!!!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Big Daytona....

Still no large capacity sports bike.  I know there is alot of competition in the area and its one of declining sales, so from a business model its probably not right.  But from a personal, emotive perspective I would love for them to produce a big triple sportsbike (perhaps in the FP1 vein but 1100cc ...)  I only have a sportsbike at the moment and havent the luxury of being able to have multiple machines, but if they made one Id certainly buy British...  

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

USA here we come.......

I see TRIUMPH must have a yearning to turn American, judging by the so called `custom' bikes they are

churning out for next year.

As for the Tiger 800 S.E, ` WOW', red frame, Volcanic black paint, i just don't think, i can contain myself, i'm so excited zzzzzz......!!!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Colours of the rainbow

So more shades of black then?

I remember not so long ago when Triumph made bikes in red and yellow, nuclear red  in fact and roulette green. All we get now is black and more black. If we're lucky we get white from time to time and even a grey one thrown in for excitement and if you go into a Triumph showroom you might be lucky enough to see a drab green one or a dull blue one but  if you look carefully tucked away in the corner is a red Tiger Sport or Daytona 675. They are tucked away almost hidden from public view almost invisible to the human eye, concealed by an ocean of black, silver and greyness which turns your world of colour into a world of greyscale. It's like running out of coloured ink on your printer and printing in black and white. You know you have the ability to see in colour but the world is black, white and shades of grey. It's as if Triumph only have a black and white tv licence and refuse to buy a colour one for fear of new fangled fashion.

Triumph, embrace the light. Come out of the shadows into the world of colour. It is truely a wonderful world.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I agree. . . .

Far too much black in the Triumph range. A splash of colour would make a world of difference and probably sell a lot more bikes.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I think these bikes are boring but I'm 37 maybe in 20 years I'll be looking to buy one. I'm fine with black, I hate it when I want a bike and it's not available in black. Not everyone wants to look like a clown on a motorcycle journey...

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

speedo007

I am nearly 20 years older, and I still think they are as boring as shite also,  I have had almost all the modern triumphs, Tigers are great but a bit old hat,  ST ruined by lard and length , speed tripple, bit old and needs more than a colour change, it only really leaves the 675 daytona as modern and competitive, and thats getting on, anyway I cant fit on it anyway.   A new ST and speed trippple are needed with a bit more horses ( about 150 ) and still light and with Triumph road handling and build quality , KTM with their overpriced Superduke, Aprilla and BMW etc are all producing new exciting bikes,  Triumph blew the R&D budget on a lardyarsed BM tourer clone, which I have never seen on the road ( then again I might have just thought it a lardy BMW)

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Look at their target demographic

The people with money to spend on new bike are most likely to be retired, kids have left home and now they find they have money to spend on themselves. More holidays and maybe a bike to cruise on at the weekend. Old people's eyes work differently to young'uns; Cells in the retina that are responsible for normal color vision decline in sensitivity as we age, causing colors to become less bright and the contrast between different colors to be less noticeable. In particular, blue colors may appear faded or "washed out." So bright colours wouldn't appear bright to the customers. This is why you see so manyolder people driving navy or wine-red coloured cars. It probably looks good to someone with poor colour perception. Sure you're going to get the odd younger, successful business type who's got the cash for a shiny red toy hence the red daytona but it can't be a big proportion of the population. Wait for the smaller capacity bikes to come out. They'll be bright becasue they'll be aimed at younger folks. Just sayin' like

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

For "New", read "Re-hash".

Reply to this Topic
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

Sprint..?

Instead of re-hashing old models, why doesn't Triumph build a new Sprint ST..?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices