Skip to content

Discuss This BMW S1000R and R1200RT unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW S1000R and R1200RT unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

BMW S1000R and R1200RT unveiled

BMW’s long-anticipated new S1000RR-based super naked has just been unveiled at the Milan Show and these are the first official pictures. It features a retuned, 160bhp version of the S1000RR’s 999cc inline four engine, an electronics package including BMW’s Race ABS, ASC traction control and two power modes, kerb weight of just 207kg and is expected to be priced under £10,000. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 316 days ago (05 November 2013 09:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

BMW

Both bikes look very nice, rumours said the S1000R would be nearer 180BHP like the KTM 1290 Super Duke R, but as a lot of people will point out you can't use it due to no faring!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

also

UGLY!!!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

S1000R

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this beholder thinks this bike looks like the bees knees. 

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Under 10K I doubt it!  I would imagine more like 11.5k.  If it is £9999 then its a bargain compared to the other models out there.  Especially with the electronic package included.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I hope someone will be making a kit to replace that asymetric headlight, looks awful, rest of bike is cool.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Got to say it looks like a budget model.  Look at those footrests and exposed CAT under the engine.  Nasty.  If it comes in at 10k with the electronics it will sell.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

budget model.

...my thoughts exactly! where did BMW's quirky originality go? It looks the embodiment of generic to me, compared to the new 1200 monster, Z1000R, KTM 1290 it looks like a chinese startups first attempt at a big bike, it will be awesome to ride I'm sure, but hard to get excited about.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

maybe under £10k before vat and taxes, delivery etc.

It's not going to be under £10k on the road.

btw, does anyone else think the new rt looks like someone photoshopped it... stretching it out, the putting the faring on about 9 inches too far forward?

They need to get David Robb back in the design department a.s.a.p. because in some strange way that RT looks old fashioned.

Reply to this Topic
Zinfandel92

Apr 13

Zinfandel92 says:

comparison

If BMW wants to compare the S1000R with, let say, the Z1000 or the CB 1000 R, it might be a great bike with a competitive price. It is announced with 12.8000 Euro, which means about 10.700£ currently, so I think the price is ok.

But if you want to compare it with the new KTM superduke 1290, BMW did everything wrong. It looks better, it is more powerful, is  and it does not cost that much more. Pity.

Why is it about 207 kg, heavier than the RR, if the superduke has only 180kg? Why didn't they just released it with about 190 bhp? Sure, you do not need the 180 hp from the superduke... but most likely you want it.

So I do not think this bike will be a big success. Let's see.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

How original.......NOT !!!

Oh dear, oh dear.......Sorry to be the party pooper folks but the `Most radical naked yet',

do me a favour governor.

A stripped down S1000 RR, re-tuned engine and a little bit of tacky black plastic to hide the nasties lurking underneath? Where's the totally fresh new bike?

The `new' R1200RT has a cool look, but i'll reserve judgement for these until when i see them  in the flesh so too speak.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices