Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi’s legendary Australian crew chief Jerry Burgess has spoken of his shock and surprise at being dropped by the Italian star for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Nine-times world champion Rossi dropped a bombshell in the Valencia paddock yesterday (Thursday) when he informed Burgess that he would be replacing him immediately after this weekend’s final race in Spain. The pair have...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 288 days ago (08 November 2013 17:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

Firstly I don't believe everything the slippery Jarvis says on live TV and secondly I don't believe everything I read in the press.

Yamaha HAD to have been complicit in the decision to out JB and it must have been decided some time back. There's no way this announcement was made without negotiations for a replacement having already taken place they could not out him without that replacement already waiting in the wings. Can you imagine starting winter testing and no-one suitable being available.

And is Rossi so powerful in his current position to say ''Jump'' and Yamaha saying ''how high sir'' ... I don't think so.

In all sincerity though I agree that the way in which it's been done is despicable!    Nuff said.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Oh dear

Still at it guys...can I let you into a little secret?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I agree Saturn, that not everything released to the press is the truth or is sometimes an economical version of it. But look at Burgess' body language yesterday and his own comments.

Yes, they probably have got a good idea who the replacement will be but following Valencia, testing doesn't resume until February which is penty of time to finalise it assuming the new man won't be in place during the Valencia test. And if he isn't and assuming Burgess won't be involved, don't you think the rest of Rossi's crew know enough to handle his test program for Valencia?

As to who it is, I agree that Rossi knew who he wanted when he decided Burgess needed to be replaced and would obviously have told Yamaha management at the time. He's hardly going to go to Yamaha and say I want to split with Jerry but don't know who to replace him with, but we'll announce it before the next race anyway. Obviously Yamaha would have been complicit as they agreed to the change, but it's hard to believe Burgess was involved at that point given his demeanor and the statement he gave yesterday.

The way the news was rushed out doesn't make sense and you would have expected a team statement or one from Burgess rather than Rossi delivering the news. If Burgess new about this far in advance, he put on a  pretty good act of being completely 'blind-sided'.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

NFI

No problem.
Your loss.

Reply to this Topic
Hotnews

Nov 13

Hotnews says:

This is excellent news. Allowing Jerry Burgess and Casey Stoner to team up in an extra Honda team.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

Stoner didn't need Burgess to win at Ducati, didn't need him to win at Honda and if he came back next year still wouldn't need Burgess

I don't feel sorry for Burgess as he has the same ego and lack of respect for rivals that crying Rossi has, neither Burgess or Rossi showed any respect for what Stoner achieved on the Ducati before or after the public humiliation that they experienced during their 2 years with the Ducati, Burgess was going to sort it all out in about 8seconds and Rossi claimed that it was a dream come true for him.

I'm glad that Rossi has got shot of Burgess, one ego down to earth and one less excuse for Rossi next year. Fact is that for all the criticism of Stoner being a moaner Rossi has moaned since Lorenzo arrived in the Yamaha garage, first he had to have tyres from a different manufacturer rather than the ones supplied by the team sponsor and used by his team mate Lorenzo, still couldn't win so switched to Ducati, spent 2 years complaining about a lack for front end feel, jumped back to Yamaha amid much fanfare and ended up doing SFA given that he was on a full factory bike and only managing to actually race for positions with guys like Bautista, Bradl and Crutchlow and still complaining about the front end/brakes/other riders being lighter yada yada yada.

Every dog has his day, does Rossi really believe that he could go on for ever? get real, fact is he never looked like a championship contender this year, another year older next year with a new crew chief does anyone really think that he'll suddenly be able to consistently beat Marquez or Lorenzo, the rider that hammered the 1st nail into the Rossi coffin.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Correct Buell

The most sensible thing you've said in a while - NFI

If you had any actual information to share and had any actual interest in joining discussions and sharing, you'd just do it.

You've been told before and I'll tell you again, you haven't a single original or creative thought in your head on any subject that is covered in these forums. With nothing to add you seek attention and credibility instead by playing your "ace" of alluding to the fact that you have insider information. Makes you feel superior doesn't it.  Not once have you ever backed it up. No-one cares. You really think people are going to pander to you and grovel - yes please, please tell us. We've been here before with your "I know the facts but can't tell you" diatribe - pure bullshit. If however, one day you actually back up your boast, I'll willingly apologise.

But hey. for now, it's Saturday night, there's bound to be a few winos around, maybe they'll be interested

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hey Buelli..Is your little secret..

..you blow donkeys?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Boo Hoo poor Jeremy.....

caught baldface lying again, I watched the interview during the Austalian GP where he said that Valentino was no longer a championship contender, now he denies that is what he said, 90 second fix anyone? These two deserve each other, what burgess couldn't work out that he was going to be the first jettisoned when the 2nd coming didn't eventuate? Maybe he did know, maybe he knew his not a championship contender comment would flush a typically rash response from rossi and he could paint himself as the poor old man of the situation as the majority here seem to see him as. Maybe burgess has out gamed the great mind gamer. No don't feel sorry for Jerry he is almost a guilty as the rider when it comes to an inflated sense of entitlement. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dicked850times..

Bitter..and sore(ouch) Stoner fanboy in a nut shell..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices