Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess stunned to be dropped by Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi’s legendary Australian crew chief Jerry Burgess has spoken of his shock and surprise at being dropped by the Italian star for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Nine-times world champion Rossi dropped a bombshell in the Valencia paddock yesterday (Thursday) when he informed Burgess that he would be replacing him immediately after this weekend’s final race in Spain. The pair have...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 288 days ago (08 November 2013 17:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ha Ha

Well I can see what you two were up to last night.
Saturday night sitting in front of your pc(maybe your best friend) typing crap.

I won't say where I was or who I was with because I will be told I am full of crap!

One day bulto when the time is right I will surprise but until then you carry on with your lives and I will carry on with mine thank you very much.

Ta Ta.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

YAAaawnn..

Bye-bye..

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I can't believe you guys cant pick who Buelligan is ! He is the informant from Italy

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

Grow Up Wosihound, isn't it about time you matured enough to realise that name calling makes you look like an even bigger t**t than your pathetic display of Rossi fanboyism.

It's hilarious seeing Rossi fans accusing others of being fanboys, talk about the pot and the kettle!!

Maybe the real reason for parting with Burgess is that it's the only way Rossi can be in the spotlight for a day or two. 

The show is over for Rossi, the only way he'll win a MotoGP championship is if the others don't turn up. He wasn't exactly impressive this year, scrabbling around for 4th place with Crutchlow, Bradl and Bautista.

Game Over LOL

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I have suspected that Buell....

Is Uccio's distended a$$HOLE for several months now.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Growing old is compulsory..Growing up is optional..

If you're an example of maturity and balanced reason..I'll stay as I am.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

Of course you'll stay as you are, you're a legend in your own mind, you wouldn't recognise 'balanced reason' or 'maturity' if it dropped out of your cocopops.

Enjoy todays race, :-)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Full Monty?

Legend in your lunchtime..more like.

Back to breakfast..you don't strike me as a Mueseli and Flax seeds, topped with non fat yogurt and drizzled honey, type of guy?

:laugh::tongue::wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

You're hilarious, ever consider a career in comedy?  As see great prospects for you as an alternative comedian, i.e. one that isn't funny.

Good race today though, Rossi actually saw the leaders for the 1st 10 laps (when he caught a glimpse of them past Bautista that is) ;-)

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

who leaked that?!?!

You can bet there was a more tactful plan in the works for the firing of the greatest crew chief in GP history.  So much for that.  To be fair, though, to whichever Tavullia VR46 insider that leaked it--I understand why you did it.  Cos' you couldn't f*ckn believe it, either.  But the yellow grand high wizard will determine who you are, and have you duly lashed and banished from the kingdom.

For me, this episode reveals many things.  Clearly, it seems Rossi has no intentions of retiring anytime soon, and I think he has designs on racing at least 3-4 more seasons, maybe many more.  He has not given up on beating Ago's win total.  This is great news, imo.  I want to see the guy racing. 

Also, Rossi's pit crew (mostly from Oz, right?) should now be well aware that, despite working together closely, they are not a part of Valentino's decision-making inner circle.  The ol' greyhound in these forums is right to worry about their morale...his incessant Antipodean slurs must demoralize them enough, and now this.

No one can say for sure if the yellow dream is well and truly over, but it seems Rossi needs to have people around him who still believe in it wholeheartedly, and who can blame him?  But Jerry Burgess is too pragmatic for that.  So this is it, then.  A cock-up for sure.

Also, grade A marks for MCN's photo with this article.  It says a lot.  So did Rossi's glance at Burgess after pulling into the pits and sharing an uneasy hug (saw this in our 6 mins of Valencia prerace footage, not sure when it happened).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices