Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia Motogp: Vinales takes Moto3 crown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia Motogp: Vinales takes Moto3 crown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia Motogp: Vinales takes Moto3 crown

Maverick Vinales has won the final race of the 2013 season and with it the Moto3 world championship after a nail biting race. The fight for the title was close between Vinales, Alex Rins and Luis Salom, with all three of them qualifying on the front row. Vinales showed his intentions by taking the lead from Luis Salom on the first lap. None...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 315 days ago (10 November 2013 10:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

cracking race, maverick had it won as soon as salom tipped off

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Carrasco

How good is she? 8th on an off-the-shelf KTM, which bears almost no resemblance to Maverick's bike. She can genuinely win a race in a year or two, and I'm going to piss myself laughing at the expression of the blokes who come 2nd and 3rd on the podium.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Maverick's back on track

Being the clear title favourite in 2012 and losing it when all his huge Spanish sponsors and management were already arranging Moto2 tests will have hurt Maverick. He's looked unconvincing in last lap battles all season but as shown that he still has the outright pace, and when he really needs to up his game he does. I wasn't surprised to see no Repsol stickers on his bike this year considering what happened last year, which surely means he's Yamaha's answer to Marquez in the future. It all depends how quickly he can adapt to the bigger bike in Moto2. He'll be in the World Championship winning team with Pons Racing, so I fully expect him to be by the end of the season, up at the front and getting podium finishes. As for Salom (who will also be in Moto2 with Pons Racing), he looks like the type of rider who suits a Moto2 bike, so I expect him to do well. Alex Rins, he'll be in Moto3 next year and like Vinales in 2012, will have the pressure of the Spanish media and his sponsors to win the title convincingly and move to Moto2 in 2015, but it all depends on how much effort Honda put into their new Moto3 bike, if the rumours are true that the Estrella Galicia 0,0 squad are moving to Honda in 2014. Moto3 is looking very good for next year, with Miller moving to Ajo Motorsport, Danny Kent returning to Moto3 with Ajo also, Red Bull Rookies Cup winner Hanika moving up, Alex Marquez will surely be there also, along with McPhee, Antonelli, Isaac Vinales and Fenati in Valentino Rossi's new team. Can't wait.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Congratulations to Vinales

Especially after all the bullshit dished out by Moody and Ryder over the last few races about him being 'flaky'.

You have to wonder how much they really follow this sport. Vinales scored points in every race this year, only off the podium twice, three wins and a world championship to boot. That's a rock solid season in my books.

Yeah he threw a teenaged tanty last year. So what?

Rins may have been faster but Vinales ultimately wanted it more when it came down to it. Well done young man.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Having lost out in an awful lot of close runs to the line due to his KTM not having the engine, he duly kept his nerve and picked up podiums all season and finally put it together in the last race. Great race, great season, and a worthy champion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices