Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title

Marc Marquez has made history in Valencia today by becoming the youngest ever MotoGP world champion in his rookie season. Marquez only had to finish fourth to secure the championship, and after an incident-packed race crossed the line in third place to take the crown from race winner Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo had a good battle with Dani Pedrosa in second, the pair...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 265 days ago (10 November 2013 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Right Then

That's everyone fu cked for the next 7 seasons or so. All 15 people will be able to see how it unfolds next year on BT Sport.

Anyone know of any bright up and coming 12-year olds to give him a run for his money in 2021?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

A deserved championship for Marc..

..but inspired race from Lorenzo today. He rode the wheels off that thing and did everything in his power to bring the championship home with a superb tactical ride. The truth is Marquez has just had too much for him over the season and has had luck on his side. I personally think Jorge is the best rider out there, but what Marc has achieved is nothing short of remarkable. It was a shame no.99 didn't have the support of his team mate to help him out today, but that's another story for another day..

I also doff my cap to Pedrosa today - Jorge mugged him and to Dani's credit he hasn't whinged or moaned about it, rather than say it was 'fun' racing and enjoyed being a part of it. He's a class act.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Lorenzo did a brillaint job of slowing the pace at the front but Rossi still couldn't keep up. Always been a huge Val fan, but become lad, gonna take more than a fresh crew chief now. 

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Exactly What I was thinking

Lorenzo was going as slowly as he could But Rossi either couldn't or wouldn't put the two hondas under pressure. Some help he was. As you say he'll need more than a new chief to catch the top three next year. Crutch slow was no better although at least be tried before falling off. Once J Lo realised he wasn't getting any help he decided to go for the win and keep his dignity.

A well deserved championship for Marc. 

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

I won't be one of the15

Not a BT customer. Hate football so won't be paying £144 to watch the races next year.  Preferred the Euro sport coverage only because BBC spent millions of public money getting exclusive rights to the live races then didn't bother showing all of them if there was tennis or snooker on.  Farewell motogp 

Reply to this Topic
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

Bye bye

well thats it , bye bye moto Gp, the greed of Dorna is going to mean that the numbers watching Moto GP are going to drop through the florr, I aint going to pay for another pay per view sports channel, thank god for BSB and WSB

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Won't be much to watch in 2014 anyway. Lorenzo and MM will take it to another level and it will be a battle for third. Rossi won't last the season as he and his new crew chief get their asses handed to them. 

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Reign in Spain.

3 Spanish world champions,all gave 100% , I think that Valentino should retire!!he's never gonna catch Lorenzo ,who's ridden the best we've ever seen, if yamaha don't sort the m1 & make it quicker, then Lorenzo may be off to honda,& just imagine Jorge on honda,big changes next year with all the top riders contracts up,not gonna subscribe to bt, so moto gp.com here I come 

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

last race for me

thanks to BT this is my last race i will see in a long time.well done to marquez,he will win loads more no doubt.

the best of luck to cal, scot, brad..for next year.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Memorable season

Marc to the surprise of many has been Cool Hand Luke all season long and well deserved rookie champion. Had to feel for George though. Exemplary title defence marred by a little misfortune. This one reminded me of Sete vs Rossi many years back at PI. Naught George could do about it. No one quick enough to help him out. Marc is certainly not one to crack under pressure and throw away a solid championship lead. Another great performance by Dani. The first 10 laps were cracking.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices