Skip to content

Discuss This Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Valencia MotoGP: Marquez takes historic MotoGP title

Marc Marquez has made history in Valencia today by becoming the youngest ever MotoGP world champion in his rookie season. Marquez only had to finish fourth to secure the championship, and after an incident-packed race crossed the line in third place to take the crown from race winner Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo had a good battle with Dani Pedrosa in second, the pair...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 325 days ago (10 November 2013 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

At least we know 'fuckos' works..

..Cool!

Reply to this Topic
neti1

Oct 13

neti1 says:

OT Hate

Wow - it actually took until page 2 for the Rossi-haters to go off-topic onto their favorite obsession. :roll eyes:

Does that count as progress?

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

What about...

... fuckwits?

It's awful quiet on here. It's possible there's a dawning realisation in some quarters that what Marquez is capable of achieving, will completely overshadow his predecessor.

It's time to bring the curtain down on the sport's ultimate show-man and his once glittering career

You might be right Rob, but I've never been one to criticise someone for trying to prove themselves one last time, boxers excepted. Next year will probably be his last but it won't tarnish his record.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHRainmaker

I said to you at the beginning of the season I'd give Rossi 6 races before I said it was over.   I gave him a full season but now I have to say cap-in-hand  ''it's over''    4th in the world ain't half bad ... but it's not what he wants ... getting rid of Burgess is not going to make any difference next season.    I see Rossi announcing his retirement by mid-season 2014.   His fate was sealed when he left his beloved M1 three years ago and threw his leg over the the big red monster.    Ego was and is his downfall.     The King is dead ... long live the King.

DT quite right Rossi is Rossi and it won't tarnish his record.   Rock On.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

He's talented but reckless and this year was a game for Marquez. I don't think it will be a runaway in years to come unless the 20 litre rule totally destroys the Yam and the pressure and realisation of expectation can play havock when your own are so high.

Rules change, contracts end and surely DORNA realise there are better ways to promote the sport than promote a single rider?

Speaking of that single rider, I see people moaning about expectations on him to help out his team mate. It's not the fact that he didn't help out his team mate but the fact that even if he wanted to, he couldn't blow wind up his team mates clacker! How many points did he actually take that were advantageous Yamaha... not many! Such a shame to see that bike wasted, maybe he should be banished back to the Ducati he developed into the worst Italian bike yet? What a disgrace.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

props to MM

Youngest premier class championship winner ever and first rookie winner for 35 years can't be denied. Thought Jorge rode a great and slightly unlucky title defence as well imo, but you often make your own luck in sport. Oddly, like Valentino in 2006 who was beaten by microseconds in that race by Elias, the winning margin theoretically at least swung on the last corner overtake at Jerez, which didn't seem so significant at the time, except as a demonstration of MM's mettle.

Having the capability to surpass his predecessor is an odd form of praise I have to say though DT, and I would have thought you guys would now be wary of counting chickens and eggs.

Valentino's legacy is safe regardless of what he does from now on as you say; Eddie Lawson isn't remembered for his years at Cagiva. Valentino is also one predecessor whom I doubt extremely MM will surpass; I don't think his method is as sustainable long-term..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Oh good, I see the Rossi haters and the swearing is back, my 6yo is more grown up! Anyhow, I sense Rossi's illustrious career may well be over, sad but a fact of life. Why people have to slate him for that is beyond me. It has happened since racing began and happens in all walks of life, we get older, a new younger person replaces us.

Thankfully it happens to be Marquez and if we're lucky he'll beat Rossi's records and keep the excitement going. He really has brought life back to the scene that was lost completely by Moaner.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Actually Doohanfan, I'm a bit of a Lawson fan and I remember his Cagiva efforts quite well.

Let me point a couple facts out to you. The Cagiva was never a race winner, never a championship winner and certainly never considered a real chance in ANY race it entered prior to Lawson riding it. The Ducati was ALL of those immediately prior to Flossi getting his greasy little mits on it! Lawson also equalled Flo's best championship finish on a machine where 'factory' meant back shed compared to what was at Flo's disposal.

Valentino's legacy is safe? My ******* ar5e it is!

It was in the depths of 5hit at the end of 2011 and with every press release on what new fangled upgrade that ended up in the skip bin, it sunk lower. So we arrive at the end of 2013 where he's dicing mid pack race in, race out, sacks his 'racing father' and fails absolutely to add ANY interest to the race or the championship for the team that pays him to do exactly that when it really mattered.

A bad season on the duc with an improved follow up season? Yeah it might have remained intact for most of his fans, but two, three, probably four years of wasted machinery and zero benefit to his employer? What's he left with? Oh, I forgot, nine champioships! Well those are a long time ago mate and real fans are aware of how few of those he actually had to race for.

Nine championships, 9 commemorative embroidered tea towels, 9 gold monkeys... so f****** what, might as well be the 9 fans he's got left who haven't seen the writing on the wall and judging by the comments all over the racing fraternity, that number is bang on.

So to you and your 8 mates including Daryl Beattie, that clown from Motomatters and the other half dozen brain dead disgraces to motorcycle racing fandom, think again...

The King is dead... and has been for years!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

CONGRATZ

this guy is nuts!!! wipe out all the record and put his name on it. 65 years of history and he broke it all. let's see if he can break 15 times WC record.

awesome.

where's princeofrepsol????

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LUCKY ASS CHAMP

BETTER FOR HIM TO RETIRE!! EVEN AFTER LORENZO LURE TO WAIT FOR HIM, STILL HE CAN'T CHASE THE FRONT!!!!

WHAT A LUCKY 9 TIMES ASS CHICKEN CHAMPION!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices