Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow ends Tech 3 spell in gravel MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow ends Tech 3 spell in gravel

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow ends Tech 3 spell in gravel

Cal Crutchlow’s three-year spell with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad ended in disappointment in Valencia yesterday when the British rider tumbled out of the top six. Crutchlow, who will make his much anticipated factory Ducati debut in Spain later today, was chasing down the leading group of five when he crashed at Turn 4 on the 10th lap. The 28-year-old escaped...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 257 days ago (11 November 2013 10:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

No theory there

That's pretty much how it happened, Crutchlow's podium hunting to mid pack struggling turnaround came at the point the Ducati deal was done. 

You could probably attribute Bradley Smith's increase in pace to saddle time more than anything but any extra help CC was getting, if it existed, would surely be going Bradley's way. 

It looks like Cal's first ride on the Ducati was a positive experience and I saw no mention of gravel traps although I did see the words " already lapping as fast as Dovi did in the race", not sure what that says...........?

It's only testing? lol

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Cal...

hasn't crashed anymore than any other rider this season, just bad luck to finish on a low.  his perfomances really haven't changed from the beginning of the series, agreed bradley is going to get faster as he eases into the Gp bike.  really though honda turned it around mid-season, little improvements to the bikes have seen bautista, bradl improve their perfomances and ease out cal.  with the exception of lorenzo all the factory honda's will take some beating next year.

fifth place was and is the best place cal could hope for this year, top privateer by a long way, so a job well done.

yours aye....

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

IcantRIDEaBIKE

My guess is updates may not have been given to Cal once his departure for Ducati was announced. But Bradley would have gained from these so that may explain Cal's lack of pace in the latter half of the year.

Being a rookie, Brad's learning curve will be steep and quick too.

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

Cal will finish top 5 next year,and be champion in 2015.And no,i have not come on here to wind people up,it will happen.Thats my opinion.i thank you.

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

eyewitnessaccount

I'll have some of what you're on mate !!!

Seriously though, you think Cal on the Duke is more than a match for Marq and the Honda ? That would certainly be a turn around but a very tall order.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

There there. That’s it

Benny, let it  ALL out

Then perhaps you can put on your favourite “ I like Red Motorbikes ”  OneZee, sit in your very special SAFE chair and rock gently whilst repeating an appropriate mantra 200 times every 15 minutes

Perhaps one these could help
“ Benny must not go into another Psychotic meltdown ”

“ Benny must try to make Dovi proud ”

" Benny could make friends"

" Benny is slightly important and liked a bit by someone/thing"

" A laptop is not Bennys real friend"

etc.  Adding words like maybe and possibly might make the above easier to say

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale