Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow makes Ducati debut in Valencia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow makes Ducati debut in Valencia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow makes Ducati debut in Valencia

Cal Crutchlow has got his first taste of the factory Ducati Desmosedici that Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso have dismissed as a no-hoper this afternoon at the Ricardo Tormo track in Valencia.The 2014 winter testing schedule kicked off at noon local time, with Crutchlow going out for his first run on the GP13 shortly after 1pm.The British rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 311 days ago (11 November 2013 13:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHAT`S THE TIME HUGELEAN?

I don`t know..........Can you tie my shoe-laces?        8 tenth`s behind Lorenzo and your right the Honda boy`s did`n`t bother,so maybe 1 second off the pace.  But only 1 tenth from Dovi,and that`s the important bit.  Much better than 1 second and 7 tenth`s, {VR},when the Ducati`s were very competitive,which they certainly ain`t today.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I'm not convinced Ducati can build a competitive bike just cause they want to otherwise everyone would have one.. But getting rid of the old one is a start. Honestly rev if you new how little you'd learnt today about next season, other than ducati won't be fghting for wins it would be a good start and new leaf for ya... ps Rossi was injured and got hardly any running time becasu eof weather in your comparison.. dumbly ignored or more likely totally oblivious of it..??

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

I'm not convinced Ducati can build a competitive bike just cause they want to otherwise everyone would have one

---------------------------------------------------------------

They've done it before with less GP experience and a much smaller factory so therefore it seem's reasonable to presume............

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

You'll have to be more realistic than that pacey.. They lucked out in 2007 massivey and have never looked like getting anywhere near those heights again even with stoner who was smashed into oblivion the very next season by a team(record points haul) that had zero data(new tyres).. maybe if they get the same tyres as the non factory bikes they'll get closer to Bradley smith or bradl? and by the way what's with that?? how can BS be making a better tyre for the non prototypes, shouldn't the factories already have the best tyres..? To hell with a single tyre manufacturer making the tyres the year before for a 30m dollar bike then shipping them on a slow boat 'from' china.. DORNA!!

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Cal and Gigi off to bed happy tonight, Dovi worried.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hello Hardlylean

Just popped in to spout some more of your usual yellow stained b/s then?

What weather and what injury Valencia 2010 test? Stoner was reeling off flat 1:32's on the RCV. Rossi wobbled around 1.9 sec slower on day one and 1.7 sec slower on day two in 15th place. I presume by 'injury' you mean the on again, off again injury depending on the track and the nature of the lanky yellow pukes competitiveness. No injury in Sepang 2010 was there?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

They lucked out in 2007 massivey

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess no other manufacturer has 'lucked out massively' in the past? As for Stoner getting smashed into oblivion (oblivion, really?), excuse my blinkers but I must have missed that season bud. But I do recall a yellow Ducati getting it's arse handed to it for a couple of seasons though. The mind is a funny thing I guess.

Jeez, I only stated that Ducati 'may pull something out of the bag' over winter and here we go again lol. And people always assume (because it suits them I guess) that it's the Vale 'haters' that start trouble! 

Maybe you're stressed as you have 'beulli' coming around for tea??????

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

I thought this thread was about Cal's debut on the Ducati today.......why is everybody talking about 2010 ?! Jesus people, get over the past !

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

can't read

too much into todays romp round. Lorenzo still hot from yesterday, and what clip I saw of Cal in the garage, went along the lines of 'no brakes, well sort of, and corner entry', I reckon he was a bit scared, 'cos his hair was standing on end, he'll blame the fan though, lol.

I think Pol's going to do well, a quick learner, like Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Jesus people, get over the past !

It's not people Von, it's 'hardly' bud.

Big difference.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN