Skip to content

Discuss This Paul Bird waiting for improved Aprilia deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Paul Bird waiting for improved Aprilia deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Paul Bird waiting for improved Aprilia deal

British team boss Paul Bird says he will have no hesitation to quit MotoGP unless he can get increased support from Italian factory Aprilia. Bird met with Aprilia boss Ramono Albesiano last Saturday in Valencia to try and secure a 2014 deal that included significantly increased factory support for a two-rider squad. With Aprilia’s number one squad - the Spanish-based Aspar project...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 308 days ago (12 November 2013 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Sad to see Aprillia who were so dominant in the CRT class being squeezed out in the new Open class. Yamaha and Honda once again proving they will do whatever it takes to keep Motogp a closed club. Shame, I'd have been interested to see what an ART machine with the rumoured improvements would have been capable of in the hands of a decent pilot. It seems now that if they do stay the upgrades won't come and lets face it, if they do, neither Laverty or RDP are the men to pilot it

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Yam and Honda

It is nothing to do with Honda and Yamaha wanting a closed shop, Dorna forced them to supply more competitive machinery to boost the grid so that's what they have done.

Aprilia need now to assist PBM as much as possible to make the nachine more competitive which may then tempt over other teams, simple.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

If it was nothing to do with the MSMA wanting a closed shop..how come DORNA had to force them, with Honda threatening to quit?

20 litres and 5 engines prevents other manufacturers competing so they don't enter.

Hopefully we only have a couple more years, then everything will be spec software, 24 litres and 12 engines.

If Aprilia want to be in a position to challenge when the rules change, they'll either have to enter an 'open class' factory team with all the expense, or give Birdy what he wants.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Hope Aprilia...

...pull their fingers out of their arses and help PBM. If they intend to return as a factory team in a couple of years then surely this is a great way for them to get up and running? If they do not support Birdy and he walks then we may well have no Aprilia's on the grid next year. That will be a shame for the bike that has dominated MotoGP's 2nd tier class for the past couple of seasons. When it comes to the development of that machine RDP must know the bike inside out by now. Also if he continues developing the Suzuki prototype he will have a good yardstick to compare aspects of it against. Perhaps he is not such a bad choice?

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

I get the impression that along with the defection of their technical guru to Ducati the biggest problem Aprillia are facing is budget. As I say its only my impression but I think the Aspar/Power electronics tie in was providing as much support to Aprillia as they were to them. I'm not sure Aprillia are in a position to provide PBM the level of support they desire. I hope I'm wrong I'd hate to see another team and Manafacturer leave the grid just as they are getting a toehold. Talk of a 2016 full factory effort could very well just be a P.R exercise to entice teams to stay with Aprillia and maintain intrest in the brand. look at Suzuki arguably they have recieved more coverage since leaving the grid than they did when they were competing

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bird has Aprilia over a barrel

and he's laughing his **** off about it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

**** you can't even says t1ts on this forum anymore. That's bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Phew bollocks is O.K. Wosi loves a good bollocking.

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

the hof

aprilia don't need pbm, with their mediocre lineup, they have Alex Hofmann as test rider. i'm pretty sure, if needed, he is still faster then laverty or even de puniet.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

RDP out

RDP has made the decision to become Suzukis' full time test rider next year. That sounds pretty Ominous for the PBM Aprillia partnership. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices