Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera

Valentino Rossi says that his first day testing without Jeremy Burgess at his side was ‘emotional,’ but that he’s pleased with the progress he’s made with new crew chief Silvano Galbusera, who has replaced the Australian after 14 years. Rossi, who rode his new 2014 machine with control ECU alongside his current machine, lapped only 0.1 off teammate Lorenzo to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 347 days ago (12 November 2013 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

So you forgot how your boy

broke his leg in 2010 ? Tires were so dangerous in cold conditions that DORNA asked the manufacturers to do something about it.. As for Lorenzo, besides his learning season he had very very few highsides in his career, he's one of the most constant riders out there. He had one highside this season, in Germany. But you're so full of **** that you're implying that his crash in Holland is the "highside-gate" again.

Marquez had 15 crashes this season. Lorenzo 3. How is Marquez's style safer than Lorenzo when absolutely nothing indicates it ? 

Forget Burgess for a while and learn how to distinguish a fact from your opinion. 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

DeGrasse

Come on, answer the questions I asked you

Preferably in short sentences, I don't want to read through 5000 words of shite

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

But but but but

How Lorenzo did manage to ride Rossi's bike in 2009-2010 ??? Got it, it's called a double-standard.

Rossi wouldn't even ride the RCV like he used to anyway. He lost a step when he broke his leg in 2010, another one with the Ducati fiasco and one again with his implication in Marco's tragic death. 

He's going to retire as one of the greatest of all time, but he's not as fast as he once was.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

I dont forget anything and i'm tired to reply to people who mistake higsides for crashes on brakes or lowsides and dont even bother reading what Yamaha says about Rossi (obviously it debunks all the crap you keep saying about him).

1) a sharp contributor in machine development, qualities that had won him the nickname "The Doctor".

2) His riding style was characterized by skillfully controlled tire slides

Now instead of wasting my time trying to argue against evidences brought to you from Lorenzo's and Rossi's employers themselves, you'd better learn about the subject because all iread is time and time again the same twisted arguments vs clear and well defined comments made by people who knows tons about what you two don't.

I rest my case and Rossi haters can **** off, while stopping to bring me down to the Italian comical emotional comedy B-S and pretend i hate Lorenzo for stating the most obvious truth, because i couldn't care less about the name of the guy, what matters is reality and you guys are denyers, no less...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

DeGrasse

You've been asked some direct questions and either can't or won't answer. Maybe you can't

Then we can discuss some points about the M1

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

No double standard here, the 2008 M1 was one of the best handling M1 ever, thanks to Rossi for the reasons Yamaha stated very clearly, what changed in the chassis geometry came when Rossi left, in 2011 and as a matter of fact (AGAIN) Zeelenberg was already there.

Then is that a double standard for Bradley Smith to do fast chronos on a full-specs 2013 bike while saying he can take more corner speed?

It's when the end of season shows the results that the difference comes to light and as you pointed out yourself, Rossi broke a leg in 2010, he didn't seat out only ONE GP like Lorenzo this year but 4, and still manage to finish 3rd with two wins vs Lorenzo's 9, since there was nobody else there to hold a real challenge to the Yamaha.

So no one can deny that both pilots and team managers have a direct influence on the development of the bike and the 2011 was already designed in view of Lorenzo being their first pilot, when they increased the swing arm length just before Le Mans.

This gives you the wheelbase he needs to carry as much corner speed as he did ever since but you can't have a bike doing this and being good on the brakes, enter corner as well and acceleratiing in a controled fashion as the Hondas does, as they kept complaining about all year.

Anyone who tried to drive both kind of bikes or learned about M-C mechanique knows this.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

btw

It's Rossi who's Yamaha says he is characterized by skillfully controlled tire slides, and being a sharp contributor in machine development, not Lorenzo. 

Considering they issued these statments when Jorge was their first pilot for their 50th anniversary, it carry a lot more weight than your arguing the opposite.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

You've been downplaying Lorenzo's achievements for weeks

but you need one post that says that Rossi's slowed down to call people haters. You're so... Loopy

But I'm afraid you're also ****ing dumb.  Who cares about the lowside here ? we were discussing the lack of safety with the rear tire in the 800cc era, meaning riders were highsided without any warning when the tire was cold. Rossi had his leg broken only because of a highside with cold tires. You can't even acknowledge that. Also, most of these guys were getting catapulted in the first laps at a scary rate, Stoner & all experienced riders included. 
So, it's not only a rookie but the whole paddock that was suffering from huge highsides in 2008. 

Still amazed with your ability to distort reality to fit your narration. Aka once upon a time the big bad Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

lol @ DeGrasse

Sounds like someone is a litte butt hurt huh? So you say "Rossi technical insight is precisely what allowed Yamaha do gid themself out of the hole they were at the start of this season" and" Disagree with this? Prove your point otherwise". I already did! Jorge won the very first race and 3 out of the first 6. The only technical disadvantage they had was in the gearbox and Rossi doesn't build those genius lol. And even with all of this "technical insight" (which he doesn't have as he's a rider not an engineer as he said himself while falling over himself at Ducati) Jorge was still putting him into shade weekend and weekout. So what is your point? You don't have one. You're still holding on that old adage that Rossi knows all and sprinkles his fairy pixie dust on to bike that makes them better. Jorge has won with Rossi, without Rossi, and with Rossi again. Thing being Rossi has been looking at his tailpipes since 2010 and you can't get over it. Let it go. He's old.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

And Wosi

So you're just pointing out the most talented all around rider huh? Well that would be Kenny Roberts and just like Rossi he's old and not fast enough to win the title anymore. Anything else you would like to point out? Oh, and Pedrosa is faster than Rossi too - matters not if he likes electronics or not or fighting to keep them or whatever you're saying. But one thing you aren't saying is that Rossi is faster than Jorge or Dani because you know they aren't. You're just like DeGrasse down there -won't let those old Rossi myths, sayings, folk tales and adages go. Let it go. It's 2013.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices