Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Rossi happy with progress with new chief Galbusera

Valentino Rossi says that his first day testing without Jeremy Burgess at his side was ‘emotional,’ but that he’s pleased with the progress he’s made with new crew chief Silvano Galbusera, who has replaced the Australian after 14 years. Rossi, who rode his new 2014 machine with control ECU alongside his current machine, lapped only 0.1 off teammate Lorenzo to finish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 289 days ago (12 November 2013 14:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

And did you just called me Adolf

Godwin's law say finally hello.  

Didn't take that long.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

So as a member of the public, i use my right to post whatever comment i feel i should on the subject, you on the other hand are a stalker "exposing" people to compensate for a great feeling on inadequacy.

One does what one can with what one have and you have little, boy. Now you are also on my priotiry sh!-list as is your fellow troll and stalker.

Get mental health help or your mumy's cuddle but it would be better for the quality of this forum if geezers such as yourself were to stop poluting  it with tons of unrelated and personal issues-related manure.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

lmao

"Godwin's law is sometimes invoked, as a rule, to mark the end of a discussion when a Nazi analogy is made, with the writer who made the analogy being considered to have lost the argument."

:lol:

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

wosihound

Sometime ago, i had the chance to have a few VHS tapes of quality for the 1979 deason, i noticed how Roberts was riding the 0W45 vs Hartog and Sheene Suzukis. Now the cantivlever bikes rear wheel was very hard to keep under control on the brakes.

If you didn't keep it clean it would go from one side to the other up in the air. Yet Roberts managed to beat them both on the brakes several time over, keep good corner speed and acceleration with a much narrower powerband; so that's how i understood how he was separating the different area into phases.

I think it is possible to optimise all of them as he explained later, braking, corner entry, apex and acceleration, if the chassis allows you to do so, and the 2013 Yamaha chassis is lacking in at least 3 of them, which means they have to push it on corner speed (not Rossis' style) to keep up.

That's a lack of general ballance and it affects guys like Rossi and Crutchlow more than neebies like Bradley Smith who are still in their learning process.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Good grief, a motopsychopath

One comes back from a delightful interlude free of Rossicolytes to find a specimen like DeGrosse has emerged - a pompous, imperious, nebulous and totally ridiculous model ( that is: a small, false representation of the real thing) of a motoGp fan. Why am I not surprised that this creature is a Rossi fan, who has wriggled out from under his rock like so many of the others?

What a total Wally!  Dear de Gasse, don't stand near a naked flame lest your monstrously inflated opinion of your own knowledge combusts, with deleterious effects. A source of ignition placed near your orifice of greatest intellectual output  will have you face down on the gurney of your local hospital while they try to rebuild your sphincter.  You have the intellect of a dung-beetle with none of the redeeming social charm or intellect.  YAMAHA nick-named Rossi 'The Doctor?'  That comes from the same factory as 100% cow fertiliser product for your cabbages, though a cabbage would be a more interesting and sociable member of society. Let's not go there as regards a cabbage and you in terms of understanding of motoGp - the cabbage has you knocked into a dark corner in the first round.

Yamaha aren't going to be arsed to build a bike that makes the perennial 4th placer get up to an occasional podium at the expense of its useful rider - Lorenzo.  They'll waddle on for one more season, then urinate Rossi off for any of an Espagaro, Bradl, Bautista, de Puniet, Smith, Crutchloiw or Redding who can produce better results results on their team 2nd bike that the Tuvallian Tart. 

And you, de Grosse, will be shown up as the imbecile you are. At least Wosi has a sense of fun about him even though he is a biased spiteful moron, whereas you are lower than a cockroach's butthole in the pecking order of knowledgeable motoGp commentators.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Farnarkle

Join the trolls and stalkers club w@nker! Now foack off!

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Anyone...

Has something to say about motorcycles?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Theoretical

or real motorcyles De Grasse?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Gassy, your theory about sliding holds little water..

..take Garry McCoy for instance, arguably the greatest exponent of sliding a bike and getting the thing out of shape we've seen. Where did it get him, aside from the local A&E department on a number of occasions? Granted, through gritted teeth and covered eyes it was a spectacle to behold, but you never had the impression it was the best way of going about things..

What you're talking about to my of thinking is just an illustration of different riding styles and nothing to do with company ethos. Marquez slides the bike because of his Moto 2 background and obviously feels happy doing it that way; all the bikes slide and move around, the thing that seperates the riders are the one's with the ability to adapt their respective styles to the bikes they are riding..

Bradley Smith is a good example of that..

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

Both. What i write is what i learned and experience both on road and track, at my level of course, if you go to the Californian S-B school in the UK (the closest thing to Robert's schools)  you will learn some of this stuff and more and yet the instructors if they are way faster than most of us never won a world titile, doest it matter?

@CHRainmaker. McCoy was one of the most spectacular but not the "greatest" at sliding bikes, he still managed to win one didn't he?

You understand what you see, fine. But Doohan during his title winning years, was never so much sideway and still sliding it from braking, to corner entry already on the gas, transitioning from one to the other thanks to its thumb-operated rear brake then sliding it more on the gas.

Raineys was perhaps the best at sliding Yamaha bikes but he was rarely as much sideway as McCoy either, Marquez is already talking about improving by being more precise and you can be sure that next year his phase transitions will be smoother than in 2013.

Sliding doesn't simply imply getting sideway by the highest degree as possible, it's controling the rear wheel traction which matters and it depends on track surfaces, corners, tyres.

On acceleration the goal is to pass as much power as possible as early as possible, then recover the traction when the bike is ready to (even if you have to change body position or bike angle for that like Pedrosa does) not spit you over the handlebars.

To finish please stop with this "your theory" thing, read Roberts and other interviews because what i have learned i get it from people like them, so it's THEIR thories not mine.

I didn't invent modern suspention and was just explained how they worked during M-C mechanic course, then explained how to use them by some of these guys, talking to some or by diverse other ways and channels then trying it out by myself.

btw i just realised i gave K.R credit for one world title that belonged to Giacomo Agostini as manager of the Marlboro Yamaha team in 1988, Robert was managing the Lucky Strike team with Randy Mamola, so it's not 6 titles as a manager but 5.

While you are at it try to get your hands on this movie (The unridables 500 Grans Prix), it will tell you a lot about it all, if you have a good sense of observation and are into bikes instead of p!ssing contests like some, in passing, i appreciate you being putting your arguments down politely, thanks.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices