Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith takes shock second in Valencia test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith takes shock second in Valencia test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith takes shock second in Valencia test

British rider Bradley Smith delivered the final shock of 2013 in Valencia today when the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider finished a three-day MotoGP test with the second fastest time. Running a soft tyre and low fuel load experiment on new Yamaha YZR-M1 upgrades that included a 2013-factory spec chassis, seat unit and fuel tank, Smith clocked a personal best...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 262 days ago (13 November 2013 16:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daboat

Jul 06

daboat says:

Hit A Nerve?

In reference to Nostrodamus................

Only appeared 5 minutes ago???

I do apologise but I would much rather spend my free time reading MCN rather than sit behind a keyboard and slag off other people on a forum.

A fair weather supporter?????

Fact is..... I have attended Motogp at Assen, Silverstone and Aragon this year. This  makes me probably considerably less "fair weather" than you.

Case rested!

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

That....

...is a very fast lap! :0

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

I wonder what Crutchlow is thinking?

He might just be thinking he's made a great move, 'cause if he'd stayed at Tech 3 and got shown up by Bradley his options would have shrunk significantly. Least this way he's got a nice bundle of cash.

Reply to this Topic
mindpower

Nov 13

mindpower says:

doubts

oh! i appeared 2 minutes ago! i was at all the races this year except the decisive one in valencia! i doubt bradley too! i doubt he'll ever win a race. i doubt his former yamaha mate will win a race next year! i doubt the old grizzled yellow bear will ever be champion again! i doubt ... what was i thinking? 

solid performance bradley after a learning season on the  'yamaha CRT.'  scrapping for 4th with the world no 4 isn't far away now

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Brad 1 second faster than Rossi in testing

Nice job by brad today, so good that he's got a chassis that suits him and hopefully he'll get the all singing and dancing gearbox dropped in there too. The problem is next year he will be at the bottom of the pecking order when new parts arrive,Yammy factory,Yammy tech3 employee then the tech3 employee.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'm a Brad doubter too....

............but a great way to end the test. Well done.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

good ride and a good year but nobody seems to point out smith has always been a guy who can put in a fast lap look at his 125 days on the honda and the tech3 moto2 bike but 1 quick lap doesnt make him a contender he will never get to the level of podium challenger imo and if those production hondas are as quick as has been reported i think there the guys he will be racing with next season.i like bradders but unless he can learn to realy battle it out come race day nxt season hes going to be 7-8 nxt season at best

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Terrific perf for the kid...

It's interesting what he says about corner speed and tyre loads, looks like he rides it like Lorenzo, i'm not sure Espagaro will like it as much tough.

Time will tell, Crutchlow didn't feel like the change was that good for him, at least for a while, different styles.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm...

So did Bradley suddenly get almost a second a lap quicker (overnight) or does this highlight the performance gulf  he's had to put up with this year?... & how much closer he should have been to the factory guys... & was he on the same "almost-a-factory" bike that Cal was riding or was he at the end of the pecking order this season?

All of a sudden the 30 second gap to the race winner makes sense... made even more obvious by this being a 30 lap race.

Despite his evident potential he's lacking a Spanish passport & will never get anything other than last year's hand-me-downs after everyone else has moved on. That's MotoGP for ya.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

KnobDylan

Oh Aye . . .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN