Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘Nearly impossible to go faster’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘Nearly impossible to go faster’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘Nearly impossible to go faster’

Cal Crutchlow completed his first factory Ducati test in Valencia today, admitting it was ‘nearly impossible’ to improve on his lowly 12th position on the final timesheets. The British rider set a best time of 1.31.875 on the final afternoon earlier today to finish 0.214s behind teammate Andrea Dovizioso on the struggling Desmosedici. Crutchlow, who is the latest in a star-studded list...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 322 days ago (13 November 2013 17:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

But could Stoner go fast on the Rossi abomination

Cal should have stuck with the Monday setup and learned the bike. changing this and that isn't going to work its all been done before. Hopefully they'll bin the alloy beam and go back to the monocoque chassis.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

unreal how ignorant ppl still remain

where are some of you from its utter utter garbage i read about every rider who jumps on the ducati he will do well wen vale tried wen dovi went now cal ppl forget how badly marco melandri was treated told u need a psychitrist instead of admiting the bike is **** send the poor lad to a padded room i feel for marco  vale and dovi especially poor nicky .......... but cal ha he knew full well full full well how crap it is his mum slatting ppl on facebook for daring to utter the words stupid everyones a dickhead in her book who knows nothing sorry liz been watching gpfor a long long time not to have got the gist by now wake up ......  that bike the ppl running the factory are ignorant arrogant in denial muppets and to sign to ride that lump of dogkak is beyond brianless and smacks of almost caveman inteligence to actually deliberatly sign to ride that bike er sorry its more like ill sell out for some dosh 12th and 11th is a joke on a factory bike jesus espargaro finished better on a crt ffs every time they ride it it gets worse day on day ..........LOOK ITS GARBAGE UTTER GARBAGE AFTER ALL THESE YRS SINCE 07 HAVE YOU STILL NOT RELISED yet ?????? ffs wake up please i enjoy being optamistic with the best of them but the ducati is a dog utter dog been so for nearly 7 yrs stoner left a utter mess aswell shows how good he wasnt at develo[ping a bike dont it one of the greats do me a favour please one title in your entire career isnt great casey 9 is ducati i waouldnt use it to wipe my backside after a curry

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

noddy

the Rossi abomination as you call it is the best of the bunch at the moment.The bike has not improved in the slightest since he left but was better than the one left by Stoner.
Just ask Hayden.
By the time Ducati get the bike sorted(if it happens) Crutchlow will be getting the boot as he will be too old but at least he has some dosh....ha ha.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

no new bike for 2014

gigi saying it himself wont be a new bike at start of season ffs its an disaster isnt it tell ya this if ducati do build a winner it will turn out to be a monster of a bike cant see it happening within the next 2 /3 yrs by that time be good to c cal backk in bsb on a superstock 600 pmsl lads gots some balls signing for ducati

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

agree buelligan

spot on buelligan every word mate

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Punctuation...

The frameless Ducati is rubbish. We understand the concept but it doesnt work for bikes. Ask BMW. They stuffed around wth different suspension and forks for years and then built he s1000rr. Get over the "Rossi" thing...

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

bueligan

Nicky thought the carbon frame with the alloy inserts gp11.1 was the best out of them and sadly Rossi stacked that too, the alloy beam has been rubbish from day one

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Why worry?

Cal has the contract he wanted, the status he wanted and a new bike is apparently on the horizon. Should it still be as bad as this one then what's the problem?

2 outta 3 'aint bad.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Well

Here we go again!

Over the past few years I think we have exhausted the Rossi wrecked the Ducati!!

Lets take a look at the facts. In 2007 Ducati rocked up with a faster bike. Just watch the replay of the 1st race. Stoner blew them all away down the straights, then the others caught back up in the twisty bits. Thats just the way it was and Stoner, who by the way is a fooking good rider, won the championship in 2007.

Then in 2008 the rest caught up in the engine department and Stoner had to push harder through the corners and that resulted in more crashes and in 2008 he finished 2nd

In 2009 Stoner finished 4th and finished 4th again in 2010. In anyone’s book, that is going backwards. Just to note, Rossi still beat Stoner in 2010 even with a broken leg! One world championship in 4 years and lots of crashes does not make a great bike

Rossi then went to Ducati and finished 7th and 6th and by his standards that’s shite. Whilst the big news from Ducati was the change to an alloy frame, yes one frame. Honda introduced about 8 new frames. Now that’s called development!

Stoner then went to Honda in 2011 and won the world title. So did he become a better rider from the end of 2010 to the start of 2011 = NO. And the same can be said for all of the other riders that jumped off a good bike onto the Duke

what Cal has said is nothing new. If you listened into the BT broadcast you heard Cal say. "I went through the fast left hander, tried to go a bit faster and the bike went all crazy" He has hit the Ducati "WALL"

Some on here have said they are a year behind in terms of development. I believe they are two years behind. What they have been racing this year is the GP12 with a few upgrades. Both Honda and Yamaha are well into the development cycle of their 2014 bikes. Yam 1st tested the 2014 bike back in Bruno this year!!

The bike has got steadily worse over as the years have gone on. It is a bucket of shite. Lets face it. A breathed on road bike Aprilia engined CRT bike finished in front of both works bikes this year

Cal, you had better start to write a new book of excuses over the winter, as so far, all that has come out of your mouth has been said many times over!!

Reply to this Topic
mindpower

Nov 13

mindpower says:

thedoto64

unreal how ignorant ppl still remain

where are some of you from its utter utter garbage i read about every rider who jumps on the ducati he will do well wen vale tried wen dovi went now cal ppl forget how badly marco melandri was treated told u need a psychitrist instead of admiting the bike is **** send the poor lad to a padded room i feel for marco vale and dovi especially poor nicky ..........

---------------------------------------------------------------

what are you babbling on about?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices