Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 impressed with Pol Espargaro’s MotoGP debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 impressed with Pol Espargaro’s MotoGP debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 impressed with Pol Espargaro’s MotoGP debut

Reigning Moto2 world champion Pol Espargaro’s eye-catching MotoGP debut in Valencia last week impressed his new Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad. The Spaniard finished eighth fastest overall during the three-day test and his best time of 1.31.533 was only just over 1.2.s behind former bitter Moto2 rival Marc Marquez. His first appearance on the Yamaha YZR-M1 he will race with British rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 340 days ago (18 November 2013 11:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigelg79

Jun 12

nigelg79 says:

Isn' this a Pol write up??

What's with all the comments about Rossi and Burgess - this is a write up about Pol Espargaro on his first outing on the M1...

My comments about that are - should be interesting next year, the Moto2 boys are adapting very quickly to GP bikes and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pol and maybe even Scott up there in the top 6, joining MM almost straight away in 2014.

Reply to this Topic
mindpower

Nov 13

mindpower says:

Jeremy Burgess: "The bike has quite evolved but now we are using the "control tire" who does not allow Valentino to break the way he likes.

do this tyre issues have anything to do with the overnight michelin specials rossi rode to his titles? 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

mindpower

Nah. It's chassis geometry from the time he came back on the M1.

They worked it a lot but it never really was the one that could let him ride it 100%.

Tyres were yet another issue, like the carcass being too flexible so settings were harder to get right when possible at all because the 1023 doesn't repond to front settings that good but yes tyres didn't help, no way to go around a chassis issue with different tyres, that's what Burgess meant.

Reply to this Topic
mindpower

Nov 13

mindpower says:

grass

as per your ramblings,

"Tyres were yet another issue, like the carcass being too flexible so settings were harder to get right when possible at all...,"

does it have any connection with nostro's

"...Talent and set-up ability are Rossi's problems. His relative lack of the former sees him struggling with the later..."

cos all i see is lorenzo winning on the same bike 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

mindpowers

Yes yuo do. On a tailored-made bike for his style, as for opinion on Rossi ask Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So was Pol sliding the Yamaha?

Funny how you keep avoiding this question DeGrasse, considering you made the following comment

He is the guy to replace both Rossi and Lorenbzo, he starts to ride the M1 like Marquez the RC and it takes a lot to do that

So did you mean he was sliding it or not. Should be easy enough to answer

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bultoboy

Gibe me a breal troll. He is already harder than Lorenzo on the brakes, as for sliding te bike it still remains to be seen if it's possible to do it without getting killed, now find some others pubic hairs to grab please.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Thanks for the article Druids, it explains why the parting of their ways, although i don't see why JB first said it was a 'bolt out the blue' and was expecting to carry on into 2014. Perhaps he just didn't think it mattered that he didn't have 100% faith in Rossi, as long as he was doing his job.                    Oh well, we'll see what next year brings.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I don't think De Grasse that Lorenzo

can be blamed for another of Dorna's crackbrained attempts to emulate F1, I gather they actually wanted Bridgestone to make tyres that wore out like the F1 tyres . Valentino and Jorge both voted for them though, and Valentino has admitted he didn't foresee the results.

In the old days riding on worn tyres/preserving tyres was obviously one of Rossi's great strengths, but I don't think a 2013 or 2014 Yamaha can be made back into a 2004 Yamaha as Burgess more or less said. Maybe you can't make a 34 year old Rossi back into a 24 year old Rossi either as seems to be the gathering consensus.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well DeGrasse

Anyone who disagrees with you is called a troll, so forgive me if I don't get too upset.

You said he was riding the bike like MM rides the Honda, so I took that to mean sliding it.. Now you're saying he is already braking harder than Lorenzo. Where is the source of that claim?

Goyon talks of braking as late as the other Yamaha riders, not later or harder. He also mentions he is leaning further than Lorenzo and picking the bike up earlier. Espargaro himself says that leaning the bike further makes it turn more.

If you're saying that Espargaro on the 2013 bike (and I bet it isn't a full works spec either)  is braking harder than Lorenzo could on his 2013 or 2014 factory bikes and riding more like Marquez, how is this possible on a chassis that you have repeatedly claimed is built for gentle braking and corner speed only?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices