Skip to content

Discuss This Open class project vital for Ducati future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Open class project vital for Ducati future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Open class project vital for Ducati future

Ducati’s revamped Desmosedici machine that will be raced in the new Open category in MotoGP next season is an essential project geared at preparing the Bologna factory for a potential major rule change in the future. South American Yonny Hernandez will race the new bike as part of the Pramac squad in 2013. The project will essentially be this year’s GP13 model...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2013 09:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Sigle tyre company, single ecu, next could be the shocks.......why not just go for single manufacturer.

Where's the competition and development coming from?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

All the engines and fuel in the world won't help the Rossi inspired GP13 as a base. And as for Hernandez - he's a Rocketman. This project is doomed as it stands. No wonder Laverty wisely walked away.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

I reckon it's worth a punt to someone not currently in MotoGP. The 2015 model will be based off the new 2014 Gigi bike, whenever that appears, by which time it might not suck. If you can get a spot as Hernadez's team mate and hold on to your ride for 2015, you might just end up on a decent bike.

Of course you might also end up on another pile of shi t, but I reckon it's a risk worth taking to get yourself seen in the MotoGP paddock. Anything beats racing in a grid of 16 bikes in front of crowds of barely 10,000 in WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

racing fan 99

you have just echoed my thoughts exactly. We may as well go to a one make cup if saving money is the only thing we worry about, how many people will pay to see a dumbed down version of motogp? how many manufacturers will bother racing at all?, how many people will buy next years road bikes without the developement to make them better? We will just hang onto the bikes we have. All this penny pinching now will come back and bite them on the ass. On the plus side..... no sorry can't find the plus side.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

There you go again Nostro..........a complete joke.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

It has been said that the Ducati problems could be sorted straight away if they made the tyre to suit the bike................so much for Rossi s**t chassis then???????

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Open Class...Nonsense!

There are standard common sense rules for racing then there are over restricted and excessive (hidden agenda) rules producing only favoured results at the end of every year. Apparently there is another class, the 'Open Class' - don't make me laugh, its anything but open. Call it a different name, anything that reflects what it is but never 'Open'. I can think of a few names to call it.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nostro

You are totally obsessed man... get a grip.

Today is fuc*** cold here... I believe its Vale's fault...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And

of course its Valentino Rossi's fault that we have global warming!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You nitwits

Not even the one true motorcycling God - Eddie Lawson - could control the weather. Or perhaps he could? Hacks always received a frosty reception when approaching his motorhome.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices