Skip to content

Discuss This 24-strong MotoGP entry for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 24-strong MotoGP entry for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

24-strong MotoGP entry for 2014

The provisional 2014 MotoGP entry list was officially revealed today, with a 24-strong line-up set to do battle when the new campaign kicks off under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Qatar on March 23. Late additions to the grid will be former 125GP world champion Mike di Meglio, who after testing for the Spanish-based Avintia Blusens squad in Valencia last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 247 days ago (20 November 2013 14:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Good Grid

But for God's sake what is it with riders not wanting to use the number one because they think everyone only knows them for their personal number. Anyway, can't see 2014 being much different to this year in terms of the result of the championship, but the races could be very exciting. Reckon Lorenzo's going to be at it right from the off but I think the might of Honda and Marquez will just about overpower him. I hope veteran Dani will be able to mix it with Marc and Jorge and maybe be able to mount a championship challenge, it might be a bit harder for Rossi though, and if he can't fight for the championship then I think this may be Rossi's final year. Expect Bradl and Bautista to be nipping at the heels of the leaders all season, and once Pol Espargaro gets to grips with the bigger bike I expect him to be there too, and this will only push Bradley Smith to new levels as well. Hope that Ducati's fortunes improve, especially with Crutchlow on board the Desmosedici, otherwise we may see them even falling behind Hayden, Redding, A. Espargaro, Edwards and maybe even Aoyama. Either way, it's going to be another great season! 

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

revnuts

i thought the same thing> if your the champ you should run number 1

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That is some grid can't wait to see Hayden on his production Honda looking forward to that the most next year. The pressure is gonna be huge on Rossi as well new crew chief I read somewhere he has given himself 7 races to get it together or else. Ducati too they've got get something decent out on track to challenge their big rivals so much to look forward to next year I am very excited roll on the new season.

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

73mach3 & Rev

Agree with you guys - it's not like anyone else can run 93 if he ran the #1 plate. And as someone mentioned - it's more stuff for his fans to buy.

Now 24 bikes will look good on the grid, but it looks like only 3 guys will be able to fight for the win each week. It will be very interesting to see how the "open" Yamahas and Hondas do, and how close they can get.

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

Why No 1 plate??

I do feel very strongly about this. Dorna should really insist that whoever is World champ must use the number 1 plate on their bike. This makes a mockery of having numbers at all. All the other numbers from 10 to 24 should be put into a hat and drawn at random and those who finish in the top ten use the number relevant to where they finished. This crap about having a lucky number is something that belongs in the stone age..or with hippies in a commune. If they are that superstitous why ride a bike that can do nearly 240 mph? It is skill that keeps you alive not lucky numbers. And as for that other daft idea about 'retiring' a number ....don't get me started on that. I can visualise the flames coming my way from the sad superstituous people!!!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A three horse race

Doesnt matter how many bikes are on the grid. In reality their are only going to be three winners and two manafactures involved, So dont get to exited. If you want racing where you dont know who is going to win watch WSB or BSB. The other thing about next seasons MOTOGP is no one exept the rich will be able to afford to watch it any way

Reply to this Topic
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

Number one plate

Its a business guys, and its all about branding. Marquez changing his number makes about as much  business sense as Honda changing their name. I'm as OCD as the next fan, but I think I can still follow whats going on even if Nobody wears the Number One Plate. Hell, give it to Pedrosa, its the only way he'll ever get it.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Another reason to give credit to Stoner..

..He wore the number one plate with pride and be dammned with all this marketing bollox..

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Superstition....hm

Makes mockery of having numbers at all.....wow.....I suppose the reason we have numbers is, so we can tell them apart. I believe it is a personal preference and why should it not be? Does not always have to be superstition.

If one wants to flash the # 1 it should rightfully be their choice and visa versa, like a personalized license plate....if that is what some people prefer it would not rattle my cage.  Does it really make a big difference to the onlooker what # they display on their bikes......don't think so. If you follow the sport I suppose we will all know who # 1 is without him displaying it.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Superstition..

Its been a long time since anyone defended the title while on the number one plate - MIck Doohan I think.  Lorenzo lost the title with it, Nicky lost the title with it, and Stoner lost it twice.  Rossi having NEVER used the number one plate managed to defend the title 5 times in a row!!

I would'nt read too much into it but if Marc chooses the 93 plate... superstition or no superstition - look out!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices