Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki unveil supercharged engine New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki unveil supercharged engine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Kawasaki unveil supercharged engine

Kawasaki has unveiled a supercharged engine at the Tokyo Motorcycle Show in Japan. No details about the engine have been released, although Kawasaki insiders have suggested the capacity could be close to 1000cc which would suggest a next-gen version of the ZZR1400, but MCN cannot confirm this. A press release from Kawasaki states: "Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. also has a long...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 281 days ago (20 November 2013 15:53)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chasm22

Nov 13

chasm22 says:

More power is never a bad thing!

I can definitely go for this technology entering the bike market via bike manufacturers. I know they've been in custom bikes for a long time, but not from the factory.

I have a Toyota Tacoma that's been running a factory supercharger for years. Nothing but smiles. 75,000 miles on the supercharger, 150,000 on the engine=no problem.

Superchargers makes gobs of low end power and, just as importantly nowadays, they are relatively emissions friendly.  No turbo lag either, especially important on the corners. Just loads of power. Heat will be a concern, but modern engine management has made important inroads into this along with modern metallurgy. 

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Super charged chaos from EU...

Yes, i can just about hear the politician do-gooders steaming and throthing over this.

I wonder what the insurance people think? Add another group making it 18 perhaps?

I hope Kawasaki do make a new model with this engine churning out a sound 200 dobbins at

the rear wheel.......

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Kawasaki..

Should have continued to work on Turbos right from the beautiful GPZ750 Turbo. I do hope they take the styling cues from this...

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Kawasaki%20GPZ750%20Turbo%20%203.jpg

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

at last but why not ....

it looks a bit like a bolt on, but if it works then we can have smaller lighter bikes with grunt, why not have the superchager integrated into the engine casings (it would cost to much), sort of like a cassette rake gearbox but with cooling, it would work even better with a 90 L twin engine.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Imagine it's the 1400 ..... with a supercharger. ooooohhhhwwwwwweeeeeeeeee. 

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

kawa/yamaha

yamaha and kawa are by far the most original japs!!!!!!!!!!! go kawa and yam

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Supercharged Kwak

The B-King concept bike was meant to be super charged (or was it turbo? I can't remember for sure). As for insurance, it's available for turbo bikes right now. A mate of mine builds turbo systems for bikes. His GSXR1100 Turbo costs approx £400 to insure, despite making approx 205bhp.

He's done a kit for an early R1, and does bolt on kits for GSXR1000s and GSX1300R Hayabusas.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Wow

Lets hope it is the basis of the new R1 and leads the Japanese companies back into the race for superbike supremecy on the street.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

If the new bike is aimed at Europe - especially Britain the first question  is "WHY" . They say the points accumulated on peoples licenses is at a all time high because of  mobile phone laws and  traffic cameras everywhere and it would not need a lot to persuade the government to stiffen the traffic laws even more . We already have to be middle-aged for a full bike license ,the test is now the same price of a cheap back-to back terraced house in Barnsley when I started riding , and the insurance for "newbies " is silly . I predict Biking as we know it will be extinct way before the oil runs out  . And unless the Japanese know something we don't know - sports bikes and  superfast  sports tourers are out of fashion ,if I do see  one or two while out and about in the Dales they are usually stuff under 750 c.c. .

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Previous History

Remember it was only Kawaski who got anywhere near making a decent turbo bike - I had one and it had its  problems but it was massive fun to ride - supercharging needs to make the transtion from 4 to 2 wheels properly and the Big K are making seriously good and well engineered bikes at  present (and I'm a Honda rider)  - this will be good to see and is most likely the future of combustion engines.... 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices