Skip to content

TRIUMPH Staff blog: Garage blues TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Staff blog: Garage blues

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Staff blog: Garage blues

As you’ll all, no doubt, have noticed, winter has arrived. And as you’ll all equally no doubt know, winter is a time for garages. Though I’m planning to run the Tiger Sport through as much of this year’s cold and slime as possible, there’s no getting away from the fact that, for a fair proportion of this winter the Triumph will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 298 days ago (26 November 2013 14:52)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Garage Blues

Had one of those doors fall off its runners onto a Pantah once, luckily only minor damage, just before next door's collapsed completely around her Mini in the '87 storm!

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Top of the list

Of my criteria for finding a house when I moved a few years ago. If it didn't have a garage I didn't want to consider it. Why do so many people 'convert' it to provide extra space inside the house that often doesn't gel with the rest of the house and is cold? They **** up the best facility of the house. Fools.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Ask an estate agent

They'll tell you that a garage conversion will at best add nothing to the value of a house, and may well reduce it.  We do like our Man Caves.

I still miss the magic roller shutter on my last garage.  Good times.

Reply to this Topic
nitrospiggy

Jun 13

nitrospiggy says:

Why won't it do the whole winter?

Well, why won't it? My 2002 Daytona (with the crappy quality finish) is now on it's 11th winter and will do the whole thing unless there's 6" of snow just as it usually does. I simply put on the old Rickman muffs and switch on the heated grips and away we go. Am I mad??

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

tiger

Phil I had a Tiger 1050 for 3 years, it ran through winter, got cleaned about every other month if it was lucky, it was covered in salt and general road shite, you would wash it and everything came up sparkling, I can honestly say its the best finshed bike I ever had for taking a pounding from the elements, I rode it for 14 hours non stop one day and I and it were fine. Great engine but could have done with about 20% more power.

Hows yours ? the faults were, chain guard was too short, and shite and oil flew up onto passenger, luggage, and bodywork. The rear suspension was knackered after 10,000 miles,and  it didnt like neutral at traffice lights, but generally a great bike.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

With no space at the side of the house for a garage, just a metal gate but wide enough to get a bike through. I had a company build a 22 foot x 11 foot concrete sectional garage with metal roof and heavy doors.

Its so nice in there we did at one stage consider letting it out because of the chronic housing shortage. With carefull planning we could get nine bunk beds in there for cheap labourers.

But at the moment its bikes only and the gym equipment. Oh errr.....and a fridge and filter coffee machine and CD radio unit.

Reply to this Topic
Big_Boomer

Oct 05

Big_Boomer says:

Mine is only a single but has a decent fan heater, carpet (with underlay), an old PC for music/manuals/internet access, 3 bikes, lots of tools, lots of spares and running water.
The carpet is wonderful for my knees but does absorb oil which gives it character.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Big_Boomer

The carpet is a good idea and I got some of that new but cheap corded carpet to do mine and I put those "hall runner" carpets under the bikes.

Painted the inside of the walls in white bathroom emulsion paint to help stop condensation and it also improves the lighting levels in there by using reflected light from the white walls.

Its "my space" and its bloody nice in there ! A few bike posters and bike models dotted around the place. My little lady even made some nice curtains for the windows.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices