Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding excited to work with ex-Stoner crew chief MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding excited to work with ex-Stoner crew chief

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding excited to work with ex-Stoner crew chief

Scott Redding believes Casey Stoner’s former crew chief Cristian Gabbarini could prove to be a key ally in his rookie MotoGP world championship campaign in 2014. Gabbarini is now heading up Honda’s new RCV1000R production racer project after the Italian quit Ducati with Stoner to move to HRC in 2011. Gabbarini was a key influence in the Australian’s successful career and he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 239 days ago (27 November 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Krapp

Come on then monster mush - give us the benefit of your superior musings.  I'm dying to here your opinion.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Yeah obviously Jorge thinks Valentino......

Is a great guy judging by his oct 23 tweet  http://instagram.com/p/fzRtRSjJBc/# or maybe he is saying that it is high time that valentino comes out.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

A cynical view?

..it wouldn't surprise me at all if, after being forced by dorna to prove they really had the welfare and good health of MotoGP at heart and reluctantly building the bike, Honda let Aspar have the RCV for next to nothing. Gresini too.

You've got to question their commitment and motives.

Only Two bikes ready for Valencia. Hayden & Aoyama sharing duties on one and a battered Redding pootling around on the other. They said there were going to Five.

Dragging big gun Stoner out of retirement in a blaze of publicity to test the bike, presumably to lend credibility, because up until very late it was looking like they might struggle to sell any of them.

Nakamoto telling us Casey'd got within 0.3 sec of the full blown RC213V, then Suppo grinning sheepishly he'd actually only run 5 laps on the bike?

The advertised performance level is not there. It don't do what it says on the tin. The gap is a joke. I'd want my money back and would be threatening trades description IF I'd spent what we're led to believe stuff costs?

Who the fk commits to a million dollar bike without riding it anyway?..unless it's free of course, maybe..

Honda don't like competition they can't control and didn't like what Aprilia did to the customer market in the old 125 & 250 days, effectively squeezing them out. They haven't forgotten.

Carmelo wants new rules and has had enough of the MSMA dictating. Honda, Yamaha and Ducati realise this and are all running OPEN class bikes next year with teams in which they will have a big say so, in exchange for supplying machinery, to enable a head start with the potential new rules landscape in mind..

Gresini, Aspar, Forward and Pramac are being sponsored and manipulated by the factories.

IRTA has sold out - after whining about exorbitant lease costs - and seemingly flushed Aprilia down the pan at the same time. 

It wouldn't surprise me if a joint contingency fund had been pressed into action to lure Dalligna away from Noale either, on Ducati's behalf and to keep the present MSMA trio nice and cosy..

No imminent threat from Suzuki and with Aprilia having felt the combined force and taken a shoeing..job done for the present.

This is big issue politics and appears to be going off pretty much under the radar. It seems nobody in the press is willing to break ranks and question what's going on with any stories either.

It couldn't possibly be a case of  "Don't bite the hand that feeds"..could it?  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know you post primarily to provoke Wosi but surely even you can't really believe your own conspiracy? 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Provoke thought Nostro..something as a Honda man you seem to be struggling with this morning?

No theories yourself about 0.3 sec or a 23 litre tank?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

RIP Doriano Romboni

Another sad day for Motorsport.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Theories Wosi?

Should be self explanatory to those with a modicum of intellect I would've thought.

I should imagine the time Stoner posted (presuming it was pukka, and no reason to think otherwise) was running the proddie racer with a HRC ECU. Just like the CRT's there will be a period of time as the programming boffins refine the MM sytem to the RCV.

Engine wise we're lead to believe the only difference to the works bikes are the sprung 'heads and the non seamless 'box. Neither of which are a biggie to my eyes. The valve springs - 81mm bore and reduced revs have seen this option as viable in 2014. And as we've seen with Rossi the seamless is more a state of mind than anything else as he got further from the front once he received it.

I'm picking a good year for Redding once teething trouble are ironed out. I reckon he'll have Espargaro senior. Junior - well he knows how fast he is.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I don't buy it..sorry

What would be the point of Stoner testing the RCVR for evaluation- which apparently he did for a very limited time - without it being the same spec as delivered to customers?

HRC sent engineers to Italy so they could spend time learning about the Magneti Marelli kit before the Sepang tests in February. Stoner tested the production racer in October, around 9 months later, and you reckon they were still using full HRC electronics?

This is Nostro at his gymnastic best. 

Should be easy enough to provide a link confirming this "self explanatory modicum of intelligence" surely?

..but knowing what your like, best assume the position and prepare to kiss my yellow clad ass.

http://motomatters.com/news/2013/02/07/hrc_boss_reveals_of_honda_s_production_r.html

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/10/03/manufacturers/honda/stoner-tests-honda-rcv1000r-motogp-production-racer/

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's a cracker..

A woman goes into Discount Fishing Supplies to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday..
She doesn't know which one to get, so she just picks one and goes over to the counter.
The salesman is standing there, wearing dark shades.

She says, "Excuse me. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"

He says, "Madam, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound it makes."

She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.

He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-lb test line. It's a good all around combination, and it's actually on sale this week for £44."

She says, "That's amazing that you can tell all that, just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!"

As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.

"Oh, that sounds like a Visa card," he says.

As the lady bends down to pick up the card, she accidentally farts..
At first she's really embarrassed, but then realises there is no way the blind salesman would tell exactly who had farted.

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be £58.50 please."

The woman is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me it was on sale for £44. How did you get £58.50?"

"The Duck Caller is £11, and the Fish Bait is £3.50"

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Hahahahaha...

Yes, it's a cracker.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale