Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki V-Strom 1000 launch First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Suzuki V-Strom 1000 launch

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Suzuki V-Strom 1000 launch

MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently at the launch of Suzuki’s all-new V-Strom 1000 Adventure in Almeria, Spain. The new adventure bike is expected to arrive in dealers for early February 2014 at £9999, and comes with a heavily revised 1037cc V-Twin (996 previously), producing 100bhp @ 8000rpm and 76ftlb at only 4000rpm. The V-Strom is also Suzuki’s first bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 288 days ago (04 December 2013 14:12)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Why wouldnt anyone just buy a Triumph Tiger 1050, its mainly a road bike, handles well, and has more power and most likely far better build , and cheaper!

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Tiger?

Well I'll probably be swopping my 800 when there's an equivalent V twin available.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Im sure it will be a great bike, but I just can't get over the duck beak and color (in red) really doesnt look too sexy.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Another Suzuki Playing Catch-Up ?

I'm sure this is another very good bike from Suzuki but one that merely copies existing competitors rather than innovates.  This model needs to sell on price from launch or else expect to see few on the road or heavily discounted in 2015 onwards.

Suzuki's failure to innovate due to a history of conservative design & development (1985 GSXR750 & 600/1200 Bandits excluded) during a time of far-reaching changes in the world bike market have resulted in Suzuki's current financial woes - both car & bike businesses.

Good bikes that merely copy others aren't good enough anymore unless they're cheap.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Sort of want

If it went on a diet. Definitely do not want to pay 5 figures for it.  Suzuki's almost constant discounting and cashbacks has turned them into a budget brand.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Bandit

Whats wrong with the 1200 Bandit, it`s the bike that suzuki should have built on it`s cheap (was) and with a bullit proof engine will last a lot longer than a stressed 1000cc twin.

The 1250 is not a bandit it`s a uncomfortable unloved copy of a bandit, Suzuki made a terrible mistake by not keeping the 1200 bandit with updates.  They seem a company who have no idea of the map ahead and tag on to the latest fashion without setting the fashion them selves.  Look at the Busa and you see a once much loved bike still being pumped out, yes updated for next year but still no direction what is it,  The same with the geezers great bikes but yesterdays machines as they stand sorry Mr Suzuki you have a crap thoughts department. 

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Hard

Tough life then Mr Childs. Looks great riding out there. V-Strom is a good bike. It (and Suzuki), deserve a bit of  success.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Triumph Tiger 800, only 5bhp less, £2500 cheaper, 20kgs lighter and far better build quality, nuff said!

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Compare

Other than not having traction control, and ABS is an option not standard on the Tiger, there is some comparison. If like for like, were possible, there would be little in the price. As for triumph quality? Well that is subjective and depends highly upon what you can live with.

i sat on an 800 Tiger at the NEC last week and the cable routing around the headstock is just about the worst i have seen on any machine in any class. This is not a strong point on any Triumph unfortunately and would drive me nuts.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Consider real prices too

If Suzuki are true to form, there will be some honking "cashback" discount from day 1, or it will come dripping with "free" accessories.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices