Skip to content

Discuss This Kenny Roberts: Marquez can dominate MotoGP for years MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kenny Roberts: Marquez can dominate MotoGP for years

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kenny Roberts: Marquez can dominate MotoGP for years

American legend Kenny Roberts believes Marc Marquez can dominate MotoGP for years after the Repsol Honda revelation clinched a historic maiden MotoGP world title in 2013.Marquez became the first rookie since Californian Roberts in 1978 to capture the premier class crown in the first attempt when he finished third in front of a sell-out crowd at Valencia last month.Roberts won...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 319 days ago (06 December 2013 10:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Lorenzo remained calm and didn't up his game and thought that mm would make more mistakes than he did and didn't take him seriously enough until the damage was done. When it was too late, we saw a different Lorenzo, going for it, and more aggressive brilliant to watch. Had Lorenzo not got injured....had he been more aggressive earlier in the championship I think we would have seen a different champion this year.  

Lorenzo will be out the starting blocks next year riding with guns on both sides, I don't see mm winning again.

As for dominating moto gp for years, that will depend on what a certain Aussie wants to do

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not entirely fair Mr. Number

Lorenzo had his mumbo on well and truly at Assen - he wanted to crush them there. But a degree of over cofidence saw him pay a big price for being fractionally off line in practice. His second collarbone injury at the Sachsenring was the killer blow though. I think the jury is out on whether this highside was rider error, or a machine / programming error letting too many horses loose for that corner.

Reply to this Topic
maxyam

Jul 12

maxyam says:

Marquez could dominate MotoGP

He definietly had a wonderful year, as the saying goes- all the dice rolled the best way for him. He certainly had some good luck as well as his excellent riding. I hope he doesn't dominate though -other MotoGp will be as boring as potentially F1 is/will be with Vettel. In which case BT has done us all a favour!  Jorge did his best with his Yamaha, and will probaly continue to do so; it is the other riders that are a let down. I think Dani, like VR is past his best; lets hope Pol E.;  Bradley and eventually Scott can up their game.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Now that everyone knows how hard they have to ride to even match Marquez, how good is 2014 going to be? I genuinely believe it will be an all-time-great historic battle. The future is looking bright.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Forecast for nextyear

Hot battles between Lorenzo and Marquez with often Dani incursions, Rossi Alvaro Bradl Pol and Brad a secondary warm front, Cal Dovi Scott and Alexi blowing in later with speradic incursions into the warm front.

BT  are working down the road installing fibre optics,mmmmm I can see me taking the BT option. eurosport showing live Nordic skying for the forseable future

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

colonel claw

The future is looking bright . the future to me is looking BT which is bad news for MOTOGP and alot of MOTOGP viewers including me who cant afford the subscription. Look whats happened to WSB  British world champions in WSB and WSS and yet siverstone only managed a crowd of just over 20,000. This is because it can only be watched on SKY. Its a visous circle when sport goes to subscription. Their are less viewers. which means less sponsors less spectators at races which means less money for every one.

The reason MOTOGP has gained in popularity over the last few years is BBC showing it to the masses. But it will now become a minority sport which most people unfortunatly wont be interested in  

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

So!

Tell us something we don't know, know all pain in the rectum!

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

So!

Er, I meant KR.

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

So!

Er, I meant KR.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

BT

It is one thing saying you can't afford BT subscription and another saying you don't want to pay out for another subscription. Over the course of the year you are talking about one less beer everytime you go down the pub, couple of less times going out for a meal, etc etc etc. If you definately wanted to see the Motogp, then you would make provisions to do so.   Yes, it is a right pain that you now have to pay for the privilege to watch it, but please cut out the 'can't afford it'.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices