Skip to content

Ask an Expert The great rip off Module One! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > The great rip off Module One!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

psycho100

Dec 13

psycho100 says:

The great rip off Module One!

Today at 1:36 AM
To whom it may concern,
I failed the test because my mind was distracted by two things before I was about to perform the last manoeuvre, the hazard swerve. One was making sure that my speed was over 31 m.p.h., and two was having to negotiate an unfamiliar course, that is, for no practical reason, not allowed to be physically rode upon beforehand.
 Therefore, of course, drastically increasing the chances of failure. 
All three of us failed at Uxbridge at a cost of £700, and retests at about another £200 each. That is a lot of money to fail an eight minute test that cannot be ridden.
Why was not I given another go?Missing the swerve has cost me £250, and then forced me to redo the test at £200 again.
Why cannot riders warm up on the course, a good half hour, beforehand to get it right? It is totally ridiculous, and unnecessarily expensive, to keep coming back, just because there is no way of getting on the DSA's stupid coned course. 

Regards,Gary :wacko::lol::biggrin::unsure:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 285 days ago (09 December 2013 02:10)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Practice time

Dear Gary,

Sorry you failed your module 1, must have been very frustrating for you all. There is a way that you practice before your test using the DSA equipment. Don't know about where you are but in Kettering the centre is available on Friday and Saturdays and in Peterborough on Wednesday and Saturday. Riding schools must book spaces in advance and the general public are not allowed without an instructor to supervise. Ask your school, or find one that can help.:smile

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Mod 1 course

Gary..

When my girlfriend was taking her test I got the course measurements from the DSA website and marked the important bits out in chalk on the roads of a local trading estate that was nice and quiet in the evenings. It did the job and she was pretty confident when it came to the test. Also, the costs quoted in your post seem extortionate. The test fee is only £15.50. Half a days bike hire and a mod 1 test is £90 at my local training center..Nowhere near you unfortunately. Better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
psycho100

Dec 13

psycho100 says:

No consolation

at all there then :mad:

Reply to this Topic
psycho100

Dec 13

psycho100 says:

How very smug of you!!!!!!!

Oh how very smug of you to go to the trouble of explaining your wonderful luck so very clearly on the Mars surface.:dopeyhmmmm:

Cheers for that mate!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Seriously?

HOW MUCH??!!

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

seems

like a nice chap......  :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

It's

a piece of piss anyway.......:wink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

To whom it may concern..

I failed the test because my mind was distracted by two things before I was about to perform the last manoeuvre, the hazard swerve. One was making sure that my speed was over 31 m.p.h., and two was having to negotiate an unfamiliar course,
:shock:

Answers 

1:- Yep the DSA use the same metre measurements as you and I, so "The DSA" course should be familiar, so why do you feel the need to ride it before the test?:wacko:

2:- I take it you're not deaf?, if not then after a couple of practice runs in the right gear you should be able to gauge the speed of the bike by the sound of the engine and not fannying about looking at the clocks.

"It is totally ridiculous, and unnecessarily expensive, to keep coming back, just because there is no way of getting on the DSA's stupid coned course"

Not really, it would be stupid and ridiculous to let you loose on the road if ya can't control ya bike :wink:

Best of luck with the retest btw, prolly the only thing ya need to change is ya attitude.

Best regards
unit.

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

PsychoGary

Smug? Luck? ...Mars?? 

So it was consolation you were after? Ah I see..
Out of luck again then I guess. I suggest you go on paying and failing :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Posted at 02:10hrs

So maybe you were drunk when you posted this?

Or maybe you're a troll, or just an ignorant twunt.

If it's one of the latter, then may I suggest you just fuck off??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices