Skip to content

Ask an Expert The great rip off Module One! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > The great rip off Module One!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

psycho100

Dec 13

psycho100 says:

The great rip off Module One!

Today at 1:36 AM
To whom it may concern,
I failed the test because my mind was distracted by two things before I was about to perform the last manoeuvre, the hazard swerve. One was making sure that my speed was over 31 m.p.h., and two was having to negotiate an unfamiliar course, that is, for no practical reason, not allowed to be physically rode upon beforehand.
 Therefore, of course, drastically increasing the chances of failure. 
All three of us failed at Uxbridge at a cost of £700, and retests at about another £200 each. That is a lot of money to fail an eight minute test that cannot be ridden.
Why was not I given another go?Missing the swerve has cost me £250, and then forced me to redo the test at £200 again.
Why cannot riders warm up on the course, a good half hour, beforehand to get it right? It is totally ridiculous, and unnecessarily expensive, to keep coming back, just because there is no way of getting on the DSA's stupid coned course. 

Regards,Gary :wacko::lol::biggrin::unsure:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 288 days ago (09 December 2013 02:10)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wayofthedarkhand

Apr 11

Motorcycle practical module 1

The mod 1 test costs £15.50 though as you mention with bike hire the costs do rocket somewhat.

The DSA does have a video on what to expect on the mod 1 test, and it shows the course.

Additionally the link below contains a video recorded by guy taking his mod 1 test. Surprised they let him film it tbh.

Hope it's helpful. 

Reply to this Topic
Beefy1902

Feb 14

Beefy1902 says:

Speed

Dont need to look at yer clock. Just razz the crap out of it after the corner,  and it will be fast enough.

Further, you can practise on the DSA course if you sign up with the right bike school. I got to before my test.

Rocket

Reply to this Topic
manbitesdog

May 14

manbitesdog says:

mod 1...

Old post so nobody's listening...but I passed my mod 1 today - just.  Hit the emergency stop at 68Kph...eager to please I guess.  Have to agree - if you go via a DA course with a school (no other option really) it could cost a few bucks - 400 squids for me so far....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices