Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph announces 2013 financial results General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Triumph announces 2013 financial results

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Triumph announces 2013 financial results

Triumph has announced financial results for the year up to June 30, 2013 which are different to those reported in the Financial Times this morning which the British bike firm says were ‘incorrectly reported’. Triumph’s statement shows the company made a £0.1m operating loss before interest and tax which is down from a £15.7 million profit in 2012. Triumph says the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 222 days ago (13 December 2013 17:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Maybe

The r&d department can find a way of dragging valve clearance.chals past 12k I know the new 1200 engines have great service intervals but I don't want the big explorer or trophy

Reply to this Topic
freudianis

Jan 10

freudianis says:

Expressing £1,000 as £0.1 million is a tad disingenuous.

Reply to this Topic
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

Maths

Expressing £1,000 as £0.1 million is not only a tad disingenuous, its a tad wrong. £0.1 million  is £100,000.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I'll tell you what's disengenuous

Focussing on the LBIT figure.  I can assure you that banks and other creditors don't give a stuff how much money you could have had if you didn't have to pay interest and tax, because you generally do have to pay it.  If you're not making enough to cover those costs, you're not making enough.

That said, this looks to be planned investment spending, so it's not actually that bad.  Although I'd have preferred them to focus on that positive factor rather than resort to financial wizardry.

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Well that's the 3rd article I've read on this story and each giving a different figure for how much Triumph 'lost'. Just shows how differently you can spin figures to tell whatever story you want.

In summary...
Triumph sold more bikes this year and increased market share. They also spent a shed load investing in new facilities in Brazil and India.

Reply to this Topic
monkeybadger

Oct 04

monkeybadger says:

bug eyes

Shouldn't have changed the lights on the Speed Triple.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices